January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d argue that having the likes of Vassilev on the bench would be a better option than the signing Sheffield made.  I think the club are thinking more long term with their transfer dealings than any just papering over cracks

3 or 4 years ago zivkovic was considered one of the hottest talents in Europe. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Once this window i dont want to hear anything from smudger about couldnt get deals across the line its total bs whats the betting a last minute big bid so it looks like we were active all way through that gets rejected.

I think I've read your posts on facebook (this is a joke).

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Great. Why wasn't he on the bench?

Fingers crossed we don't have any of those injuries, suspensions and players losing form issues you read about. 

Don't know, maybe they thought Chester should get the spot to keep him happy - club captain and all that - maybe Chester has since decided that isn't enough and an offer for "proper" game time came around. Who knows? Well, they do and we don't. I would imagine they have reasons for what they are doing, and also reasons for not doing the things they are not doing, if indeed they are not doing them.

I do not want anyone at our club who does not want to be here 100%. I don't want us to take on players just because they are a body - That's how you end up with the Richards, Lescotts, McCormacks, Hogans, Bolasies and Agaths of this world draining the club.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When is McGinn back? A month and a half or 2 months?

What I'm thinking is he could actually cover or occupy a place in the front 3 in place of either Trez or El Ghazi, Hell, I wouldn't put it past McGinn to be able to cover as Wingback!

Drinkwater should be up to speed also.

Let's be honest, if McGinn was fit during our striker crisis, we really could have even used him as a striker.

As good as SJM is I can't find a role for him in a 3-4-3?

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d argue that having the likes of Vassilev on the bench would be a better option than the signing Sheffield made.  I think the club are thinking more long term with their transfer dealings than any just papering over cracks

By that logic, what's the point of senior bench players then? Lets just put all our youngsters on there, I'm sure that would help with their development long term and not be papering over cracks.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

If all our CM's are fit and in form he'd still be the first name in the centre of the park for me. I actually think his energy playing as one of the central two would give the formation an added dimension.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

he could play in the 2 behind the striker, he could also prob play in a front 3 with samatta and grealish.

If you look at McGinns heat maps before he was injured, he spent a hell of a lot of time out wide on the right.

or he could play in the central 2 and challenge nakamba/Luiz.

or maybe when he comes back Deano will revert back to a 433.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

If all our CM's are fit and in form he'd still be the first name in the centre of the park for me. I actually think his energy playing as one of the central two would give the formation an added dimension.

But the the current formation in 3 central defenders, two defensive midfielders flanked by two wing backs and a forward three. SJM is not a defensive player so where does he get back into the team?

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

See in bold. Any one of these positions (except wherever Grealish is playing).

Agree except for striker. But yes box-to-box mid, wingback or inside forward would all be doable. I actually think he would be an excellent wingback - he has a bit of the James Milner about him (another Super JM who lit up Villa Park).

Edited by KentVillan

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

By that logic, what's the point of senior bench players then? Lets just put all our youngsters on there, I'm sure that would help with their development long term and not be papering over cracks.

Typical VT overreaction. Sheffield Utd have signed a player who failed in Belgium and has been playing in the Chinese second division, someone said they’d have liked a signing like that, I disagreed and said in that circumstance I’d prefer one of our younger players to fill in instead. That’s not every bench player is it.

20 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

But the the current formation in 3 central defenders, two defensive midfielders flanked by two wing backs and a forward three. SJM is not a defensive player so where does he get back into the team?

There's nothing to say you can't have a more attack minded player in that central 2. You would still have 6 defensive players with the wing backs, centre backs and CDM.

Edited by RichiBoi11

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

We are at the 2am point of the nightclub right now, we started the night with great ambitious but now we will take home just about anything at this point 

Don't think an enthusiastic fatty wil do us much good for the rest of the season

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

As it stands we're ending the Transfer Window weaker than how we started. This is like a football form of self harm

As it stands were relying on samatta to hit the ground running and scoring 5/10 important goals and the rest of the team not getting injured

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Don't know, maybe they thought Chester should get the spot to keep him happy - club captain and all that - maybe Chester has since decided that isn't enough and an offer for "proper" game time came around. Who knows? Well, they do and we don't. I would imagine they have reasons for what they are doing, and also reasons for not doing the things they are not doing, if indeed they are not doing them.

I do not want anyone at our club who does not want to be here 100%. I don't want us to take on players just because they are a body - That's how you end up with the Richards, Lescotts, McCormacks, Hogans, Bolasies and Agaths of this world draining the club.

Neither do I. 

I also don't see the point in risking squad depth by letting him leave when we are in a serious relegation battle. 

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

We change back to 2 at the back. McGinn makes that formation work!

It probably the reason that we have let Chester go without replacing him, the knowledge that we have ample cover for 2 cms.

Edited by Nigel

6 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

There's nothing to say you ccan't have a more attack minded player in that central 2. You would still have 6 defensive players with the wing backs, centre backs and CDM.

No nothing at all apart from defensive pair is working!