January Transfers 2019/20

sne

37 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Alcacer: not sure how this could be true as there is so much common sense to suggest it couldn’t happen? He only signed permanently (5 year deal) in the summer?

But they just signed the hottest property in Europe...

Still I’m sure it’s just gossip. 

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Don't know about anyone else but, I'll just be glad when this window has closed and we know exactly what business we have done. It's got all too tedious now. 

as long as we manage to get the quality of players in that we need to stay up yeah.

don't think we have yet but while the window is open there is still hope..

Problem with the January window is it’s a painfully long month. As DS said in his Villa TV interview on the new signings, they expect players who were “unavailable” to suddenly become available as the deadline draws near. So we’ve probably registered all our various interests and are just waiting for someone to blink.

32 minutes ago, sne said:

as long as we manage to get the quality of players in that we need to stay up yeah.

don't think we have yet but while the window is open there is still hope..

I'm not holding my breath any more. We've done the minimum by replacing Heaton and Wesley. The urgency is probably a bit gone with our better results paving the way for cautious optimism.

26 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm not holding my breath any more. We've done the minimum by replacing Heaton and Wesley. The urgency is probably a bit gone with our better results paving the way for cautious optimism.

Agreed. Would like to see another attacking option brought in but we'll see.

40 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Problem with the January window is it’s a painfully long month. As DS said in his Villa TV interview on the new signings, they expect players who were “unavailable” to suddenly become available as the deadline draws near. So we’ve probably registered all our various interests and are just waiting for someone to blink.

A two week window would be plenty. Maybe even one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Don't know about anyone else but, I'll just be glad when this window has closed and we know exactly what business we have done. It's got all too tedious now. 

It’s all just how we consume news now. It wouldn’t feel tedious if you looked at one newspaper per day to see if we were linked with anyone and then got on with your day. But when you check every five minutes or every hour or even a couple of times per day it just feels like a drag.

• Like 2

I've always rated him .... Rico Henry is having a great season at Brentford. Played 28 times in Championship this season.

Maybe one to go for in summer if we avoid the drop!!!as he is finally over his injury issues.

Dean gave him his debut for Walsall and also signed him for Brentford! Would be good competition for Targett

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3