Newcastle United - Aston Villa  3-1 villa
Aston Villa - Wolverhampton     3-2 wolves
Liverpool - Aston Villa                  3-1 liverpool
Aston Villa - Manchester United  4-1 villa
Aston Villa - Crystal Palace          2-2 draw
Everton - Aston Villa                      2-1 villa
Aston Villa - Arsenal                      0-0 draw
West Ham - Aston Villa                 4.2 villa
so thats 7 wins and 4 draws,3 losses..we can certainly stay up..UTV!

Bournemouth - Win

spurs - loss

southampton - draw

Sheffield - win

Leicester - loss

Chelsea - loss

newcastle - draw

wolves - win

liverpool - loss

united - draw

palace - win

Everton - win

arsenal - loss

West Ham - loss

five wins

Six losses

three draws

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Ivan Toney from Peterborough? From what I’ve seen of him on  Football on Quest, he’s punching above his weight in league 1, he’d be perfect for us I think 

Standard is brutal. Watched highlights. No thanks

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Highlights of Toney, or highlights of League One?

Might be worth remembering that Dele Alli came from League One.

Toney playing in League One. I know very well about Alli. Lambert tried to sign him. Have you watched Toney highlights to be name checking Alli?

55 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Ivan Toney from Peterborough? From what I’ve seen of him on  Football on Quest, he’s punching above his weight in league 1, he’d be perfect for us I think 

Nah his xG isn't high enough when you apply a discount rate for league 1, I'm out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Toney playing in League One. I know very well about Alli. Lambert tried to sign him. Have you watched Toney highlights to be name checking Alli?

I have indeed, but I'm not suggesting Toney is as good as Alli, I'm suggesting that you can't assume a player from League One couldn't do a job in the Premier League, when players from League One have in the past.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have indeed, but I'm not suggesting Toney is as good as Alli, I'm suggesting that you can't assume a player from League One couldn't do a job in the Premier League, when players from League One have in the past.

I was really basing on his general play, movement in what looks terrible standard league

Been thinking over Bowen last few days and how he's going to be overpriced relative to when his contract runs out but just the solution we need can play anywhere across front 3 but especially right would be improvement and Trez and AEG can fight for left if we go back to 433 and he also covers striker worst case. 

I know we're probably not even in for him but if was just because of inflated cost sometimes you have to get player for a bit extra before someone else snaps them up and they gone for good. I feel this was case when we got Young from Watford and maybe Milner

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Been thinking over Bowen last few days and how he's going to be overpriced relative to when his contract runs out but just the solution we need can play anywhere across front 3 but especially right would be improvement and Trez and AEG can fight for left if we go back to 433 and he also covers striker worst case. 

I know we're probably not even in for him but if was just because of inflated cost sometimes you have to get player for a bit extra before someone else snaps them up and they gone for good. I feel this was case when we got Young from Watford and maybe Milner

I'd still like to see him at Villa even if slightly over priced, what I'd hate to see is him end up somewhere like Newcastle having a worldie every week.

Doubt it'll happen though we seem to be shopping in the bargain section.