January Transfers 2019/20

sne

That Jimmy McCann football agent bloke has also tweeted that us and Newcastle are in for Paco Alcacer... I’ve no idea is McCann knows anything or is just bangwagon hopping?

Edited by alreadyexists

Just now, alreadyexists said:

That Jimmy McCann football agent bloke has tweeted that us and Newcastle are in for Paco Alcacer... I’ve no idea is McCann knows anything or is just bangwagon hopping?

He's literally the worst. Posted we were interested in Piatek days after the rumour had died down. That's the last thing he did about us

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Don't know about anyone else but, I'll just be glad when this window has closed and we know exactly what business we have done. It's got all too tedious now. 

Aww c'mon...time for another 200 pages of absolute shite yet🤣

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the next new thread to start up with the name of a player................Who will it be? My bet is I’ll never have heard of them 🤣. Can’t beat the anticipation of a google search followed by a YouTube fix! Bring it on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

I would wish him the best if he leaves. Deserves a last hurrah 

If he was to leave, it wouldn’t be before we had another CB now we’re playing with a 3?

I kept an eye on Bowen yesterday in the Hull - Chelsea game, thought he looked class. He wanted the ball and showed for a pass all the time, something always happend when he had the ball, great movement, ran at defenders, looked quick, strong despite his length and with good technique. Played well against a strong Chelsea team so he should be able to cut it in the PL.

If he is available we should go for him. If we go down he would be great to have in the Championship. If the price is around £15M we should go for it. One thing though is that going for Bowen perhaps would mean we wouldn't go for Benrahma as they are very similar players. I'd take them both, but if our plan is to take Benrahma in the summer and we only go for one perhaps the plan is to wait for him. Not sure we will get Benrahma in the summer though, and if he continues to perform perhaps bigger clubs will come in for him. So given that I think I'd still go for Bowen now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

One thing though is that going for Bowen perhaps would mean we wouldn't go for Benrahma as they are very similar players

No. Benrahma plays predominately on the left of a front 3 and Bowen on the right of a front 3. They'd be great either side of a good striker although I'm liking Grealish in the front 3

19 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I kept an eye on Bowen yesterday in the Hull - Chelsea game, thought he looked class. He wanted the ball and showed for a pass all the time, something always happend when he had the ball, great movement, ran at defenders, looked quick, strong despite his length and with good technique. Played well against a strong Chelsea team so he should be able to cut it in the PL.

If he is available we should go for him. If we go down he would be great to have in the Championship. If the price is around £15M we should go for it. One thing though is that going for Bowen perhaps would mean we wouldn't go for Benrahma as they are very similar players. I'd take them both, but if our plan is to take Benrahma in the summer and we only go for one perhaps the plan is to wait for him. Not sure we will get Benrahma in the summer though, and if he continues to perform perhaps bigger clubs will come in for him. So given that I think I'd still go for Bowen now.

i think to comply with FFP we are probably looking at loans that become perm, I imagine Hull want as much money as they can up front to aid with their own transfers or would rather someone loan him back immediately. It's been a long time since we've done any last minute business in Jan but I reckon this season could see a rare change for that as we have so much to lose if we don't get the right depth in this squad.

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

i think to comply with FFP we are probably looking at loans that become perm, I imagine Hull want as much money as they can up front to aid with their own transfers or would rather someone loan him back immediately. It's been a long time since we've done any last minute business in Jan but I reckon this season could see a rare change for that as we have so much to lose if we don't get the right depth in this squad.

I think longer contracts (as transfer fees are spread across contract years) is also as likely as loans... and no-one pays all the cash up front whether it’s a loan or a straight transfer. But I’m sure you may be right in this instance that it’s part of the thinking if we are after him.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

No. Benrahma plays predominately on the left of a front 3 and Bowen on the right of a front 3. They'd be great either side of a good striker although I'm liking Grealish in the front 3

Striker

Benrahma       grealish        bowen

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Striker

Benrahma       grealish        bowen

Jota, Trez and El Ghazi on the bench.

Then next season, after Benrahma and Bowen have had poor patches and the fans no longer think they’re the next Ronaldos, we’ll bring in two more wingers and have 5 on the bench.

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Then next season, after Benrahma and Bowen have had poor patches and the fans no longer think they’re the next Ronaldos, we’ll bring in two more wingers and have 5 on the bench.

;)

Nah we’ll sell El Ghazi and Trez then watch them thrive at another club. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

;)

if they haven't both banged in 3 goals each in their first two games we'll write them off as duds, call them shit and question the ability of our recruitment dept.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1