January Transfers 2019/20

sne

39 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I wouldn't say it's impatience as much as managers showing clear and worrying signs of incompetence. I was a fan of Paul Lambert (for quite a while) but when he simply gave Albrighton away it demonstrated just how muddled his thinking became.

My brother in law worked with Albrightons dad and said Albrighton had a real issue with Paul Lambert. Couldn't get on with him at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Said Benrahma isn't in the lineup today against Leicester so I can only assume we've put in a £20 million bid but Brentford is holding out for £100 million. 😁

His father passed away earlier in the week so was left out of the squad for personal reasons

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Said Benrahma isn't in the lineup today against Leicester so I can only assume we've put in a £20 million bid but Brentford is holding out for £100 million. 😁

I think I heard on the TV the commentator say his farther past away a couple of days ago.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

My brother in law worked with Albrightons dad and said Albrighton had a real issue with Paul Lambert. Couldn't get on with him at all. 

My Mom's son's brother's brother thinks anecdotal evidence is great. ( ;) )

Edited by romavillan

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Leicester offered him 60k per week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

My Mom's son's brother's brother thinks anecdotal evidence is great.

Maybe anecdotal but was a factual conversation which actually happened.  He is my brother in law and he did work with Albrightons dad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe anecdotal but was a factual conversation which actually happened.  He is my brother in law and he did work with Albrightons dad. 

I did edit a wink in when I read it back :)

He got a massive pay hike and a league winners medal, neither of which were on the table as Lerner's budget for Lambert was buttons and smarties. I'm sure he would have loved to have stayed though had the club shown any kind of ambition to keep him.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

I wouldn't say it's impatience as much as managers showing clear and worrying signs of incompetence. I was a fan of Paul Lambert (for quite a while) but when he simply gave Albrighton away it demonstrated just how muddled his thinking became.

Lambert wanted to keep Albrighton, and was surprised when that didn't happen.

38 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No idea where its come from, any account saying 'itk' are always bullshit but thought it would be interesting to discuss nontheless.

More of a Better Conor Hourihane than a McGinn-like player, so I'm not sure what the purpose would be right now. Maybe in the summer.

Trying to rack my brains but just had pizza so I’m in a food coma but wondering of the ex Villa players playing now, is there a better team that we have let go that would be better than our current team.  The players as they play now and not in their prime ie Benteke and they would be compared to the current Villa team ie Grealish is only in the current team.  

Albrighton at  right wing is a good starting point...is there a reasonable XI...thinking Jordan Ayew, Cahill, Milner, Young

Edited by nick76

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Trying to rack my brains but just had pizza so I’m in a food coma but wondering of the ex Villa players playing now, is there a better team that we have let go that would be better than our current team.  The players as they play now and not in their prime ie Benteke and they would be compared to the current Villa team ie Grealish is only in the current team.  

Albrighton at  right wing is a good starting point...is there a reasonable XI...thinking Jordan Ayew, Cahill, Milner, Young

I know you’re just having fun with it but there’s a big difference between selling someone for £20m+ and letting them walk away for free or cheap! The Cahill, Albrighton etc stories are ridiculous... players who were winning titles a couple of years after leaving us. People like Enda Stevens less so, just annoying, but every club has those.

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I remember many posters saying how he is not good enough back at the time.

It's the same story with Luiz, ElGhazi, Wesley and previously Ayew, Amavi or Veretout.

We have no patience and we often miss great players once they are gone. Let's give players like Wesley a real chance before he scores 15 goals a season for Bornmouth or Crystal Palace.

This 100%.

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I know you’re just having fun with it but there’s a big difference between selling someone for £20m+ and letting them walk away for free or cheap! The Cahill, Albrighton etc stories are ridiculous... players who were winning titles a couple of years after leaving us. People like Enda Stevens less so, just annoying, but every club has those.

Wasn’t even thinking about selling prices generally, it was just boredom thinking rather refreshing websites to see if we had signed somebody.  Just noticing more and more ex villa players playing more than I used to ie Lichaj playing for hull on tv now.

I think all clubs lose/sell young players that come back and end up stars, just the way it is.  For every star there are 100 players that were rightly let go.  It just seems high for us because we know them in our villa tinted world 

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Veretout is a pretty integral part of a decent footballing Roma side...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Trying to rack my brains but just had pizza so I’m in a food coma but wondering of the ex Villa players playing now, is there a better team that we have let go that would be better than our current team.

Gueye, Traore, and Veretout worth €83 million in current market valuation

Edited by Kiwivillan