January Transfers 2019/20

sne

giphy.gif

Big week ahead. I still think we NEED another striker (preferably someone experienced who can hold the ball up *GIROUD*) and a wide man/playmaker who can cross the ball. Those are the necessities. A dirty scumbag central midfielder would be nice too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

giphy.gif

Big week ahead. I still think we NEED another striker (preferably someone experienced who can hold the ball up *GIROUD*) and a wide man/playmaker who can cross the ball. Those are the necessities. A dirty scumbag central midfielder would be nice too.

Shame it's January. I'd take 1 if it was someone like Bowen but not going to happen

23 minutes ago, DevonVilla said:

More Twitter nonsense saying we have offered 5m for Sturridge but at least it's something...

Someone on Radio WM swore he'd see Sturridge at Villa Park before the Watford game.

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

who better to come in and mentor the new boy wonder Louie Barry?   excatly what wesley needed, a seen it all, done it all got the trophies and the rolls royces.

can't wait to see him do that funky dance celebration in front of the holte!

There's nothing funky about shit body popping. But if it meant they'd just scored for Villa, I'd put up with almost anything. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Absolutely crazy he's gone to Leeds. I'm shocked

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Smart from Leeds, whilst we've missed a trick as per usual.

Is this one of those hyped-up youngsters?  His track record suggests nothing special at all.  Leipzig were happy for him to go on loan to Monaco, where he barely played and didn't score.  Is he really amazing?

(Also, I love that these sort of players are generally viewed as "oh ****, we missed out" whereas if there's a link to a random, unknown player in, say, Romania who has a 1 in 2 scoring record over 200 games, we're all "this guy is so shit, what's the point")

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Augustin was behind Slimani in the pecking order at Monaco 

Yes he was. He didn't score a single goal for them. Wasn't very good at Leipzig either. I don't see how he'd have been the answer for us.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Is this one of those hyped-up youngsters?  His track record suggests nothing special at all.  Leipzig were happy for him to go on loan to Monaco, where he barely played and didn't score.  Is he really amazing?

(Also, I love that these sort of players are generally viewed as "oh ****, we missed out" whereas if there's a link to a random, unknown player in, say, Romania who has a 1 in 2 scoring record over 200 games, we're all "this guy is so shit, what's the point")

He's a very talented player, who can play across the front three, would have been well worth a punt, IMO would be an immediate improvement on Trezeguet if deployed in that position.