January Transfers 2019/20

sne

57 minutes ago, Elton said:

I’m just dealing in the unfortunate facts of the January window not emotion. Obviously I agree, sign all the forwards!! (Even though our leaky defence is clearly our biggest issue).

I don't think it is, nor the strikers...

our problem is the midfield, its killing us in both directions, we don't protect the ball, we don't protect the defence, we don't push forward, its starting to look like any combination of the 3 we put out is soft as shit

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yes that's pretty unfair to be honest. A lot of parts of the big cities are quite grim but that's the same for anywhere. I stand by Venice and Naples comments though 😁

I travelled around monte grappa and some of the mountain ranges which saw heavy fighting in WW1. Absolutely spectacular 

Venice is pretty, but it is packed with tourists like you say... but that’s the same with the Eiffel Tower or Tower of London. If you go to a tourist hotspot it’ll be packed and full of naff souvenirs and stuff. 

Ah, off topic anyway, but glad you had a good time at Mount Grappa. I’ve not been to the memorial but I’ve been to the South Tyrol region which I think is nearby. :) 

Edited by alreadyexists

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure if I asked the question on here or elsewhere but is deadline day right before or after the Bournemouth game? That's on 1st Feb.

The window slams shut at 11pm on 31/1.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

our problem is the midfield, its killing us in both directions, we don't protect the ball, we don't protect the defence, we don't push forward, its starting to look like any combination of the 3 we put out is soft as shit

I agree. By defence I mean how we defend as a team, not individual defenders necessarily. Scoring goals hasn’t been a big issue.

Apparently linked to Defoe in the Mirror... I would say there is 0% chance of that happening, he’s 37. Also, pretty sure he’s on loan at Rangers and isn’t their player (still Bournemouth’s I think if wiki is right).

Must've been linked to him every year for 10 years now. Just more lazy journalists!

I don’t even think the Mirror printed this, and Agent_Villa2 has made up a link... in the mirror... to Defoe.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whilst a team having no striker is obviously ridiculous and the biggest problem, I do agree if we get a striker it wont change things drastically because of our midfield and LB.  In saying that, and i will probable get scuffed at here, i think Drinkwater will turn out to be a decent signing once he gets minutes under his belt.   

• Confused 1

can't believe we are 15 days into the window,

knew we needed a striker and a winger to take the hapless wesley and trez out of the team, wesley gets injured anyway (blessing in disguise) and yet 15 days in we've not addressed these key areas.

Before the window even opened liverpool doing a medical for minamino pops up on my youtube feed. We should of been shaking hands with agents at the start of December.

Basicly we need to either go down the robbie keane veteran route with someone like defoe or sturridge or go down the darren bent avenue with a big money move to get piateck. Benteke would be the middle ground.

Anyway Heads should roll for this absoluite shambles.

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently linked to Defoe in the Mirror... I would say there is 0% chance of that happening, he’s 37. Also, pretty sure he’s on loan at Rangers and isn’t their player (still Bournemouth’s I think if wiki is right).

Must've been linked to him every year for 10 years now. Just more lazy journalists!

I don’t even think the Mirror printed this, and Agent_Villa2 has made up a link... in the mirror... to Defoe.

Laughable, we're linked with Jermaine Defoe every bleeding year it's almost a tradition these days. He could be 80 years old living in a car home and the papers would still link us with Defoe. 😁

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I heard we are contacting Middlesboro to see if we can also tempt Robbie Keane out of retirement 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Apparently Daily Express is saying that Liverpool snubbed to sign Jack Grealish twice.....yeah right.  1) we wouldnt offer and 2) surely they'd rip our arms off us to sign him.

They don't need him. They have Alex "Glass Legs" Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Edited by jacketspuds
I can't spel
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

can't believe we are 15 days into the window,

knew we needed a striker and a winger to take the hapless wesley and trez out of the team, wesley gets injured anyway (blessing in disguise) and yet 15 days in we've not addressed these key areas.

Before the window even opened liverpool doing a medical for minamino pops up on my youtube feed. We should of been shaking hands with agents at the start of December.

Basicly we need to either go down the robbie keane veteran route with someone like defoe or sturridge or go down the darren bent avenue with a big money move to get piateck. Benteke would be the middle ground.

Anyway Heads should roll for this absoluite shambles.

Classic screwdriver. Telling it like it is since June '11. 

Spurs meant to be signing striker called Ze Luis from Porto, might be mean their interest in Piatek cools, if we actually want Piatek we'll see if this makes any difference. Although I suspect we'll probably end up signing a couple of forwards that have hardly been mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I heard we are contacting Middlesboro to see if we can also tempt Robbie Keane out of retirement 

And someone spotted Wesley Sneijder at Bodymoor Heath, but it's utter bollocks because we can't make it happen with the incoming Januzaj loan 

Edited by Mic09