January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

can't believe we are 15 days into the window,

knew we needed a striker and a winger to take the hapless wesley and trez out of the team, wesley gets injured anyway (blessing in disguise) and yet 15 days in we've not addressed these key areas.

Before the window even opened liverpool doing a medical for minamino pops up on my youtube feed. We should of been shaking hands with agents at the start of December.

Basicly we need to either go down the robbie keane veteran route with someone like defoe or sturridge or go down the darren bent avenue with a big money move to get piateck. Benteke would be the middle ground.

Anyway Heads should roll for this absoluite shambles.

You really have no idea how football works do you .... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, useless said:

Spurs meant to be signing striker called Ze Luis from Porto, might be mean their interest in Piatek cools, if we actually want Piatek we'll see if this makes any difference. Although I suspect we'll probably end up signing a couple of forwards that have hardly been mentioned.

I think (based on nothing but interviews with him and his media personality) he might think he is too good for Aston Villa now and was holding out for Spurs.

I reckon give it another 10 days and he will realise playing regular football is the only chance for him to play at the Euro's. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You really have no idea how football works do you .... 

Yeh, he really does. If you don't sign good players you finish either 18th, 19th or 20th.
We didn't sign very good players and we're 18th 🙂

Screwdriver is simply stating that we should sign some good players. Players we should have signed in the Summer. Remember? When everyone on here was talking about how we needed another striker and a Winger? 

It's really simple how football works.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

knew we needed a striker and a winger to take the hapless wesley and trez out of the team, wesley gets injured anyway (blessing in disguise)

100% you were saying Benteke was rubbish this time of year in his first season, at least I hope so for consistency 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, he really does. If you don't sign good players you finish either 18th, 19th or 20th.
We didn't sign very good players and we're 18th 🙂

Screwdriver is simply stating that we should sign some good players. Players we should have signed in the Summer. Remember? When everyone on here was talking about how we needed another striker and a Winger? 

It's really simple how football works.

What happens if your first choice is unavailable at the moment as the current club is waiting to sign a replacement is that our fault ? Or if the player we want wage demands do not fit into our structure ... shall we repeat mistakes of old and just cave in ?

So many complex factors come into play it’s not as simplistic as being made out ...

I would also say we have 16 games left and are one point from safety . Maybe we should support the team rather than just the endless criticism about the summers recruitment that some seem to be revelling in. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

So we'll know if Piatek is back on if we see someone in double denim and AirPods outside VP...

While we're at it, we'll need to get Purslow down to Yankee Candle to sort out the signing on bonus

Taking a page out of the Britney/Justin playbook, nice!

Bildresultat för denim on denim justin timberlake

Just now, sne said:

Taking a page out of the Britney/Justin playbook, nice!

In a shopping centre. While getting someone to take photos of him having selfies taken. In double denim. I think we've got to seriously question this man's life choices.

I'm happy basing all transfer decisions on the player's sense of dress:

2003494530_Screenshot2020-01-15at10_56_12.thumb.jpg.993974136dac18c8d128467efe6bd144.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What happens if your first choice is unavailable at the moment as the current club is waiting to sign a replacement is that our fault ? Or if the player we want wage demands do not fit into our structure ... shall we repeat mistakes of old and just cave in ?

So many complex factors come into play it’s not as simplistic as being made out ...

I was about to write the same. It's hardly football manager, click a mouse a few times and the players yours. People literally have no idea what business we're trying to do, or the reasons why we've not bought in a striker yet. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

In a shopping centre. While getting someone to take photos of him having selfies taken. In double denim. I think we've got to seriously question this man's life choices.

I'm happy basing all transfer decisions on the player's sense of dress:

2003494530_Screenshot2020-01-15at10_56_12.thumb.jpg.993974136dac18c8d128467efe6bd144.jpg

Please! I'm trying to erase him from our memory

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Other Mat said:

I was about to write the same. It's hardly football manager, click a mouse a few times and the players yours. People literally have no idea what business we're trying to do, or the reasons why we've not bought in a striker yet. 

Too many people think its as easy as computer games when this is reality. Footballers are also humans with families that they need to move as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

The window slams shut at 11pm on 31/1.

Why does it slam? Why can't it be closed gently?

I think you've been reading this...

spacer.png

Well worth a read. I reckon every presenter on SkyScumSport has a copy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Why does it slam? Why can't it be closed gently?

I think you've been reading this...

spacer.png

Well worth a read. I reckon every presenter on SkyScumSport has a copy.

Missing out on Showdown Talks