January Transfers 2019/20

sne

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Too many people think its as easy as computer games when this is reality. Footballers are also humans with families that they need to move as well

There needs to be a new like react option for comments like this that portrays So much this I **** love this comment

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Too many people think its as easy as computer games when this is reality. Footballers are also humans with families that they need to move as well

I thought as long as you throw an extra £10 million at the problem that solves issues such family missing home, moving to a different country, personal commitments, friends etc.

Well, according to some posters anyway. 

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing with players as everyone joked about Reina and Milan is that its an unattractive place to live here. Pretending we're the same level, the 'lifestyle' is so important these days players would choose a Palace over a Villa. 

Of course London is a huge pull for any foreign player, I wouldn't dispute that but I believe Reina enjoyed living in Liverpool and the club gave him and the other Spanish players they signed at the time apartments on Albert Dock. Perhaps we could get some around Brindley Place?

In any case he'll only be here for four months so doubt he'll even move his family here.

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, he really does. If you don't sign good players you finish either 18th, 19th or 20th.
We didn't sign very good players and we're 18th 🙂

Screwdriver is simply stating that we should sign some good players. Players we should have signed in the Summer. Remember? When everyone on here was talking about how we needed another striker and a Winger? 

It's really simple how football works.

'Good players' can fail to perform for a variety of reasons. Bad or average players can also overperform.

• Like 4

Hopefully there’s some legs in the Nzonzi speculation, exactly what we need in the middle of the pitch, physicality AND technique. Not to mention experience. IF we could add a No.9 in the mould of a Piatek/Batshuayi, then just those two positions would improve us immensely imo. Perversely I am still drawn to Morelos, I know I shouldn’t be but I am. He’s obviously a bit of a hothead, but there’s something in my head that thinks that is just what we could do with up front. A nasty little bastard that gives the opposition CBs no rest, winds them up from the off. I think we could harness his fiery temperament and use it very effectively. In fact forget Piatek and Batshuayi, get me Nzonzi and Morelos and I’d be smiling at our prospects for survival. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Of course London is a huge pull for any foreign player, I wouldn't dispute that but I believe Reina enjoyed living in Liverpool and the club gave him and the other Spanish players they signed at the time apartments on Albert Dock. Perhaps we could get some around Brindley Place?

In any case he'll only be here for four months so doubt he'll even move his family here.

Maybe he is planning to move back to Liverpool area full time

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cheers John. So our Bournemouth build up will be massively disrupted then if players/agents want to talk to DS on the final day then....:ph34r:

Most of the preparation for the game is done well in advance, the game plan will be in place days before, the coaches and players may work on that plan the day before a game, but obviously not so intensely they'd be knackered for the next day. Also, depends on when they travel down to Bournemouth.

Smith has assistants for a reason and they should be well capable of running any sessions needed while he deals with any transfer stuff, he also has Suso dealing with the finer points of the transfers, so I don't think there will be that much disruption to him or the players really :) 

• Like 1

It's a joke. they pay jesus to sort out the transfers and all he can manage is a pair of has beens. when we said we needed experience what we didn't need was a load of pensioners moaning about the triple lock.

Smith is not on Pepe Reina's Villa Arrival video....why? cos he didnt want the old word removed

Deano is clearly pissed off with it in interviews he's stopped name checking "suso" and saying "I'll have to ask the director of football". It's obvious Smith is sick of taking all the flack, he's even getting grealish to turn tricks on social media to give them a kick up the tush.

He knew what he was doing playing fat boy Drinkwater on Sunday.

It was to throw Jesus under the bus. we could of competed like against liverpool and narrowly lost. Or we could totally surrender and he could send out a big message to the board.

The problem is it's weds and we still don't have a striker for Saturday.

This is the problem when you have commitee's in charge of transfers too many people involved. you need one. the manager of the club and thats it. Just like Martin O'Neill. knew who he wanted and blew them out the water to get them in the shirt and on the pitch.

Edited by screwdriver
added some extra content
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Most of the preparation for the game is done well in advance, the game plan will be in place days before, the coaches and players may work on that plan the day before a game,

steve carell lol GIF

I'd love to see a copy of that plan for the city game...  

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 2

At this point I'd happily take someone on a 6 month loan who has no intention of staying here but who want's to put himself in the shopping window for the summer.

Developing for another club, short term thinking, steppingstone... Don't care.

We simply must get a quality attacker in asap.

And obviously also players in other positions as well.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

Celtic signed Klimala from Polish league not saying I have seen him play but this is type of signing I was expecting us to make. Celtic have a good scouting system too so he might turn a profit for them in the future 

31 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It's a joke. they pay jesus to sort out the transfers and all he can manage is a pair of has beens. when we said we needed experience what we didn't need was a load of pensioners moaning about the triple lock.

Even Smith is pissed off with it in interviews he's stopped name checking "suso" and saying "I'll have to ask the director of football". It's obvious Smith is sick of taking all the flack, he's even getting grealish to turn tricks on social media to give them a kick up the tush.

He knew what he was doing playing fat boy Drinkwater on Sunday.

It was to throw Jesus under the bus. we could of competed like against liverpool and narrowly lost. Or we could totally surrender and he could send out a big message to the board.

The problem is it's weds and we still don't have a striker for Saturday.

This is the problem when you have commitee's in charge of transfers too many people involved. you need one. the manager of the club and thats it. Just like Martin O'Neill. knew who he wanted and blew them out the water to get them in the shirt and on the pitch.

Wow where to start ... actually I won’t bother 

• Like 2