January Transfers 2019/20

sne

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Quite unfair to Mr R Mouse there, whose plans were usually pretty successful (in my recollection, anyway). 

Very true.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe we should bring the Easy Crew on board? After all they are always there to make a bad t'ing good!

spacer.png

Irie Man!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Very true.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe we should bring the Easy Crew on board? After all they are always there to make a bad t'ing good!

spacer.png

Irie Man!

Knowing our luck we’ll sign him on £40k a week and the cat will get him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Nzonzi, slimani, drinkwater, riena and another striker would be a solid window but these next 3 games are huge we really need a striker in before the weekend. 

I think people underestimate the difference a midfielder like Nzonzi would make.

Nzonzi and Drinkwater in place of our current chuckle brothers.

FYI: I think they will eventually come good but currently they are dire.

• Like 2

Slimani first has to get his loan at Monaco cancelled and then the loan here arranged.

Monaco might even feel they need a replacement in before they agree to it.

Best case scenario a week or 2 more before all the papers, medical and whatnot is done?

Taken from a report from a good Danish media site with regards to Emre Mor who I believe was mentioned on here a few times

Reports from Denmark explain the Bees are convinced with the wideman’s qualities as a footballer, Despite that, they go on to mention Mor having difficulties in adjusting at his previous clubs, Borussia Dortmund and Celta Vigo, and the same has happened at Galatasaray, It’s claimed Thomas Frank’s side have not received positive responses internally or externally about the Denmark-born Turkey international so far. 

Brentford have a Danish manager and a handful of players from the same country in their squad, one who has played with him at Celta Vigo,  According to the report, the Danish players at Brentford are concerned about Mor potentially being their teammate at Griffin Park, Therefore, Brentford have ended negotiations to sign Mor in the winter market, if truedue diligence seems to have been the order of the day.!!! 

Edited by jonjon

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

New signing unveiled for the fans. :) Some will love him. Others will hate him, take your pick. 

spacer.png

Seriously though let’s see how the next 3 games go before we completely give up hope. 

This does help show how much more difficult the second half of the season will be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mor is meant to be a bit of a trouble maker or at least the people advising him are

Hmm. from that photo above you'd assume he's a modest, humble, quiet kinda lad? 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Big no to Slimani from me, was speaking to some Leicester fans at work last night they are decent guys and were basically saying it would be a really bad move as he's atrocious, " You'll be down if you sign him" they basically said. Nowhere near Prem standard.

I wonder if Chelsea fans thought Salah wasn't great either?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if Chelsea fans thought Salah wasn't great either?

Tbf. Slimani is 31. Salah was 21-23 at his days in London. 

I am not opposed to Slimani as we need strikers, but I think it's a lazy link. He probably even played with Drinkwater. 

Our scouts need to do better. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

He could have brought some experience to the front line

Japanese striker Kazuyoshi Miura is the ultimate evergreen player. His professional career started in 1986. And he's still going.

At 52 (he turns 53 in February), Miura has just signed on the dotted line to play in the J1 League, Japan's top division, for the 2020 season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51123128?ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport&fbclid=IwAR12wGimrqw8Qks7mCtYq8_xVRE-xLlrMKjYSxYDKkDvla-l8lKsShFj2nA&fbclid=IwAR3QYxPa_GaQ74AdxFUNW26tmvPLZxejtJmeBrm5MJr9mLfxDJwDIEhcK6U

• Haha 1