January Transfers 2019/20

sne

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice. Don't often you see those anymore, when I was a kid we used to do them all the time, or try to :D 

I actually did it once over a keeper and then scored, I was about 14 so nor exactly senior football.

I remember the first time I saw it was Ilhan Mansiz did it in the world cup against Brazil.

Was so impressed I bought a Besiktas top with his name on it haha 

• Haha 1

If we wanted Benrhama and were willing to pay the asking price Brentford would have no choice but to sell. He was disappointed not to get a move in the summer and took him a while to get going this season as a result. Which is why he's only four goals and five assists. I doubt it will happen but if it did wouldn't be surprised to Jota go back to them as part of the deal.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If we're still in the premier league next season (and assuming Brentford haven't gone up) I think it would be more realistic that we could get him then.

IMO it would be more likely we could get Bowen in this window (fingers crossed).

If we go down I want us to sign whoever that lil ginger sod is who looks like Maradona for them every time they play us

• Haha 1

Can’t wait for us to sign Benhrama and someone to post ‘no thanks, got enough powderpuff luxury players already’ in the thread :)  Just kidding, I think most Villa fans would be pleased with that signing, he seems the kind of player that could do great things in the PL, and would fit in to our side straight away. 

I really wanted us to sign Butland in the summer. I know his form has not been great this season but he is a top young GK. He could be our number 1 for the next 10 years.

Stoke were in a strong position to play hard ball in the summer. That position has weakened somewhat due to his form and their precarious position in the league. I think we could get him for a cut price fee now and I really think he would be a good signing. He hasn’t suddenly become rubbish overnight. A change of scene will do him good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Watching Liverplop then remembered Shaquiri is a waste of talent there, be a fantastic loan. I know it wouldn't happen though.

I thought this also, but if you dig deeper you'll find the main reason he has been missing out is due to a lot of injuries, not saying he would start week in week out even if not injured but clearly he is still rated enough to figure in Klopp's plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Frank has stated he is not for sale.      (  Benrahma) selling him would be at the expense  of a playoff sbot for them I imagine 

Every Brentford player has his price, and I judge his to be....£530

B5o_9VfCEAAxXMf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

If we go down I want us to sign whoever that lil ginger sod is who looks like Maradona for them every time they play us

Ryan Woods? Went to Stoke a few windows back and think he has struggled a bit. Hard to judge though as Jones didn’t do great and by all accounts their squad had even more egos than ours.

26 minutes ago, supermon said:

We're linked with Butland, not particularly keen. Hasn't he been atrocious so far this season

Probably because his head went when the deal to join us in the summer fell through.

He was their player of the season last year.

At 32 not really our type of target but Kevin Gameiro isn't even making the bench at Valencia.

And we did just send scouts specifically to watch La Liga strikers, but nor for him, you have to be playing to be scouted.

• Like 1

Just had a look on a Stoke forum and their fans seem to think we'd get Butland for between eight and ten million because of his loss of form, also seems they might have some FFP issues coming up as well, so might need the money. Having to buy another goalkeeper is the last thing we needed though as we need the money for other positions.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Just had a look on a Stoke forum and their fans seem to think we'd get Butland for between eight and ten million because of his loss of form, also seems they might have some FFP issues coming up as well, so might need the money. Having to buy another goalkeeper is the last thing we needed though as we need the money for other positions.

yeah, this is their second year in the Champ, and with their current position they literally have zero chance of promotion this year.

Unless they can get promoted next year, thats the end of the consolidation payments so they will defo need to offload high earners and assets (similar to us with Grealish).

Their consolidation payments will be less next year, as its the final year of it, coupled with the fact they will be on consolidation payments next year, cus no promotion for them.

not sure this means we would get Butland for 8m tho?, dunno, would pay 8m for him tho 4 sure.

i also reckon the "form loss" is prob down to his head going when the summer transfer to us fell through, so wouldnt concern me too much tbh.

Edited by MaVilla