January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You make a good point, every time Nyland has come in he looks much, much more composed and mature. Kalinic to be fair has never really had a chance here, if the coaching staff can improve Nyland like this, with Kalinics attributes there is also something there.

I don't think these two keepers are as garbage as some make out.

Knowing our luck they will both get injured in training the day after the window closes.

I think Kalinic should be given another chance tbf 

• Like 2

We need a striker desperately now wesley is out for 9 months.

Preferably the best possible loan deal with a view to buy, then spend the spare cash on an AM/IF who can play in the new 343 with grealish and the new AM/IF just behind the new loan striker.

Then if any cash left an all action CM.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, Okonokos said:

Batshuayi might be a good option on loan but I think there are better strikers out there who we might be able to sign permanently instead. There's several in the Bundesliga I'd take.

As we need the striker to hit the ground running it may be better for them to already know the game here IMO

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I just looked at free agents, Wilfred Bony is on the list, short term deal perhaps, just turned 31 with PL experience, I think he’d suit our style of play and not too dissimilar to Wes. 

He has scored 16 goals in 5 years, like Benteke another bust

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He has scored 16 goals in 5 years, like Benteke another bust

And he has either decided it’s a good idea to take 6 months out at this point in his career or no club at a high enough level to convince him to play has deemed him worth offering a deal to. Neither possibility fills me with hope.

24 minutes ago, Nigel said:

As we need the striker to hit the ground running it may be better for them to already know the game here IMO

Well seeing as we now need 2 strikers maybe we can try for one with Prem experience and then an exciting one from abroad.

Hearing Batshuayi wants to fight for his place at Chelsea but I think it would be stupid for him not to come here unless he has better options. He's played 11 minutes of Chelsea's last 4 games over xmas and got less than 90 mins of prem football since the start of November. He will play every game for us, get glowing reviews from Terry/Tammy and we are now 6 months from the Euros and he will be on the fringe of that squad. 

Sounds like a good deal for everyone, hope it's sorted soon as the last thing we need is to go through all of Jan looking for a striker.

I'm really sorry for Wesley that he has picked up a really serious injury, and I hope he recovers swiftly and fully, however I'm not going to pretend that his injury has ruined our season.

Hands up those of us who thought that big Wes was suddenly going to go up several gears and keep us in the Premier league? He showed signs of stepping up in the last game, but he has demonstrated over many matches that he is clearly a long way from being a Premier front man.

Batshuayi is a good shout as his positional sense and finishing is good. If Chelsea don't wan't him to go out on loan then it's worth a look at Giroud for his experience, physical presence around the box and heading ability. Both Batshuayi and Giroud want game time because they want to be picked for Belgium and France respectively in the Euro finals. Also Chelsea can now buy a top striker as their transfer ban has been lifted.

Who ever we bring in as our number 9, we have to dramatically improve the number 10 role for more goals and support play. "Buy Bowen" would be my big shout out to Villa this week!

Just now, turvontour said:

Anyone seen the Benhrama flick over the Bristol City defender from yesterday?

Id be terrible if I was in charge of purchasing players, would buy him for that alone.

Benhrama is going to be a star. Ridiculously talented. He will be snapped up big a big club eventually. 

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

striker options?

Giroud?, Morelos?, Batshuayi?, Mitrovic?, other?

AM/IF Options?

Bowen?, Benrahma?, Eze?, Pedro?, other?

Added to striker options above, as I think we now need two: 

Championship - Watkins, Wells, Woodrow, Grant. 

Scotland - Edouard, Shankland.

Europe - ?

AM - Lolley, Wallace.