January Transfers 2019/20

sne

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Hearing Batshuayi wants to fight for his place at Chelsea but I think it would be stupid for him not to come here unless he has better options. He's played 11 minutes of Chelsea's last 4 games over xmas and got less than 90 mins of prem football since the start of November. He will play every game for us, get glowing reviews from Terry/Tammy and we are now 6 months from the Euros and he will be on the fringe of that squad. 

Sounds like a good deal for everyone, hope it's sorted soon as the last thing we need is to go through all of Jan looking for a striker.

They look like they are going to spend heavily this month , if they bring in another striker he will fall down pecking order further especially as they play with one striker. He would be a solid addition as he has done it at this level , can't really afford to take too many risks now.

Michy Batshuayi is a name Villa have been linked with on and off for a few years now - seemed to be a fairly strong whiff of speculation on these pages when we were looking to replace Tekkers, so it's perhaps not entirely unrealistic.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benhrama is going to be a star. Ridiculously talented. He will be snapped up big a big club eventually. 

Said months ago has the potential to go on to Ashley Young type influence and career success.

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I think we should have Benrahma top of the wish list behind a striker. Exactly what we need out wide while Jack is in the middle. If them 2 clicked it would seriously unsettle teams.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I think we should have Benrahma top of the wish list behind a striker. Exactly what we need out wide while Jack is in the middle. If them 2 clicked it would seriously unsettle teams.

If we're still in the premier league next season (and assuming Brentford haven't gone up) I think it would be more realistic that we could get him then.

IMO it would be more likely we could get Bowen in this window (fingers crossed).

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Nice. Don't often you see those anymore, when I was a kid we used to do them all the time, or try to :D 

I actually did it once over a keeper and then scored, I was about 14 so nor exactly senior football.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If we're still in the premier league next season (and assuming Brentford haven't gone up) I think it would be more realistic that we could get him then.

IMO it would be more likely we could get Bowen in this window (fingers crossed).

I'd sign both now if possible. The fees wouldn't be paid in full anyway. couple of mil here and there and push payments back. If the worst happened player sales would recoup what we need with FFP 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd sign both now if possible. The fees wouldn't be paid in full anyway. couple of mil here and there and push payments back. If the worst happened player sales would recoup what we need with FFP 

In an ideal world I agree.

With FFP constraints and how well Brentford are doing in the league (will they sell him now anyway) then I have my doubts we could get him. Would love to be proved wrong though!