Cameron Archer

Zatman

The way he lead the line against Chelsea (and Barrow) was very impressive. I wouldnt be against giving him a start in the PL soon, he clearly knows how to be a handful whatever the opposition. Gets in great positions and knows how to finish. Exciting talent, and another Villa fan. We’re in such a good era for the club again 😍

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I still feel a season on Loan or at least half season would be huge for him. Especially when he's full of confidence like now. I'd love to see him at a Championship club chasing the play offs.

I do wonder whether that would knock his confidence somewhat, though. He's flying right now and I think we should be channeling that into the first team. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I still feel a season on Loan or at least half season would be huge for him. Especially when he's full of confidence like now. I'd love to see him at a Championship club chasing the play offs.

Keep him and try and win the JPT for me, he's already 3rd choice and getting some minutes with us, wait and see who we get in the FA Cup too

But everything would depend on who comes in for him, no guarantee that a playoff chasing club would 

The quality of those finishes though... 

• Like 1

100 percent keep him here within the 1st team squad. Maybe Ings has taken him under his wing. Give him chances to show the world what he is capable of. 

Doing this isnt only for Cam. It is for every youth player in our system who are seeing him rip it up. This creates that pathway in their eyes. Seeing the 1st team manager give you a standing ovation as you come off the pitch. That is worth so so much .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

With Barry coming through too we probably have long term replacements for Watkisn and Ings, and they cost about 60m between them.

dont forget we have Caleb & Young also in the setup, hopefully at least 1 of the 4 will actually make it to the first team proper at some point.

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No loan for me, lad is basically a first team squad member already, on the merits.

this is the interesting thing though isnt it.

I agree he has shown himself as having potential in the games he has played, but what would be best for his actual improvement/development?

By that i mean, would he develop better at the age of 20, playing a few games from the subs bench for Villa over the next 12 months, or going to the Champ and playing every game to hone his skills like dare i say, Tammy Abraham did with us, and dont forget Tammy was what, 21/22 when he was with us in the Champ?

I dunno, pros and cons to each.

I think the emergence of Archer probably spells the end of Davis at the club now.  We also have Caleb coming through as well.

Archer has been an absolute revelation this season and deserves his place in the first team squad.

I've mentioned multiple times in the past that, from my experience, alot of the time, the overhyoed players tend to fizzle out into normalcy as they get older.

The proper machines tend to come out of nowhere ( Or just seem " Meh " to begin with ( I.E Ramsey IMO ), with hard graft and focus.

Like a Vardy for example.

This kid looks bloody lethal.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say that either Ramsey or Archer are late developers, Ramsey made his debut for us at age seventeen, had a succesful loan spell with MK Dons, has been a regular for the England youth sides, and became a full squad memeber for us last season at age 19, he wasn't as good to begin with for the first team as he is now but that's to be expected and is the same for most young players coming through.

Archer has had a significant rise in stature this season, but he's still only nineteen so can't really be called a late developer, and whilst I don't think many if anyone expected him to have the impact he's had this season it's not as if he hadn't showed any promise before, he made his debut for us at age seventeen, played very well, he's scored goals against first team opposition before this season in the EFL Trophy, and contray to what some say, injuries aside did well last season on loan with Solihull Moors.

Ramsey and Archer becoming first team members of a Premier League team at the age of nineteen makes them pretty much the opposite of late developers.

• Like 2

Â