Cameron Archer

Zatman

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Nice finishes

I wonder which player has played well against the Champions League winners.

Kid is different gravy. Quality young player who will be pushing Ings and Watkins towards the end of the season for a start if he continues this current progression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I do wonder whether that would knock his confidence somewhat, though. He's flying right now and I think we should be channeling that into the first team. 

I understand the attraction of going on loan, but a lot depends on how well the club is run. It can have an adverse affect...and we have no control of the players development....its more sink or swim to me, when we loan them out.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wonder which player has played well against the Champions League winners.

Kid is different gravy. Quality young player who will be pushing Ings and Watkins towards the end of the season for a start if he continues this current progression.

reminds me of Defoe/Vardy

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Nice comment from the Burton manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink:

The boy that scores, Archer, is a quality player - he’s with the first team, he’s a Premier League player and you see the difference.”

Wasn’t too bad on his day either to be fair. When ex-pros like that see it, you know it’s real, because these are guys who have been in and around the best of the best.

Jimmy Floyd will know a goalscorer, when he see's one.

• Like 1

Something that seems to be being left unsaid is that he's played a lot of his games out wide, I didn't see the game but I think he played out wide last night with Caleb Chukwuemeka through the middle. He's not just a goal poacher type, and when you watch him playing out wide he isn't just a pacey kick and run type winger, he has pace but also a lot of technical ability.

I'm still surprised he hasn't been selected for the England U21 squad, should have been in there in the first place, but they've since had players pull out because of injuries and they still haven't  called him up, instead they've moved Gelhardt up from the U20s, I'm sure Gelhardt is a good player and doing well for Leeds U23s but Archer has been doing it at first team level this season or against first team opposition, and it's not as if Gelhardt is much younger than him.

30 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm still surprised he hasn't been selected for the England U21 squad, should have been in there in the first place, but they've since had players pull out because of injuries and they still haven't  called him up, instead they've moved Gelhardt up from the U20s, I'm sure Gelhardt is a good player and doing well for Leeds U23s but Archer has been doing it at first team level this season or against first team opposition, and it's not as if Gelhardt is much younger than him.

I might be shot down but lets say Cam Archer was doing this at Man Utd rather than us. He would be straight in the u 21s . On current form he is prpbably the best 19 year old striker in the country and that includes Mason Greenwood who just flatters to decieve when i watch him . 

• Like 2

With England at U21 level I think it's hard to get in unless you've been with them through the younger age groups, that is U18, U19, U20 level and so on, but that shouldn't really be the case. Iroegbunam is another who I think is unlucky not to have recieved an England call up at youth level in this international break, you could also add Caleb Chukwuemeka to that as well, he's been doing just as well as some of the others that have got in.

I love how this kid is coming along. It really gives you a sense of pride with the young guys we got coming from the academy and I think that will only continue to get better.

5 hours ago, handsworthlion said:

The finish on that second goal though... i mean, they were all top draw finishes.. but that second 🤤

For me the 3rd is the best. No keeper in the world is stopping that. A perfectly placed finished into the corner from outside the box. 

6 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I love how this kid is coming along. It really gives you a sense of pride with the young guys we got coming from the academy and I think that will only continue to get better.

Pride is exactly the word. I remember watching Gabby tear Port Vale apart in a Youth Cup game and i needed to tell everyone how fast this player was that wasnt Luke Moore. Then last season watching our Youth Cup winning team and thinking this is the future. And then realising no one cares other than yourself and a few other villa fans. 

I could shout to the rooftops about Ben Chrisene being the second coming of Gareth Barry. Or that Carney has just as good feet and balance as NewJackCiteh. Or that Iroegbunam is having just as much of a stunning development as Archer since joining. Or that Sil Swinkels is a massive talent at centreback yet is having to play left back because there are 2 even greater talents to play there . 

Part of the Pride ..  literally 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Both Kane and Lineker were late developers.

Francis Jeffers and many others shows sometimes hype only gets you so far.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Â