Cameron Archer

Zatman

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Pride is exactly the word. I remember watching Gabby tear Port Vale apart in a Youth Cup game and i needed to tell everyone how fast this player was that wasnt Luke Moore. Then last season watching our Youth Cup winning team and thinking this is the future. And then realising no one cares other than yourself and a few other villa fans. 

I could shout to the rooftops about Ben Chrisene being the second coming of Gareth Barry. Or that Carney has just as good feet and balance as NewJackCiteh. Or that Iroegbunam is having just as much of a stunning development as Archer since joining. Or that Sil Swinkels is a massive talent at centreback yet is having to play left back because there are 2 even greater talents to play there . 

Part of the Pride ..  literally 

I find it very hard to tell, with academy players.....its almost another skill set to judge them.....I think you need to be watching youth football regularly to have a good inkling.

Having said that, when a kid is scoring for fun, you just can't ignore that....that really is, what I call, affecting a game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Pride is exactly the word. I remember watching Gabby tear Port Vale apart in a Youth Cup game and i needed to tell everyone how fast this player was that wasnt Luke Moore. Then last season watching our Youth Cup winning team and thinking this is the future. And then realising no one cares other than yourself and a few other villa fans. 

I could shout to the rooftops about Ben Chrisene being the second coming of Gareth Barry. Or that Carney has just as good feet and balance as NewJackCiteh. Or that Iroegbunam is having just as much of a stunning development as Archer since joining. Or that Sil Swinkels is a massive talent at centreback yet is having to play left back because there are 2 even greater talents to play there . 

Part of the Pride ..  literally 

One of those cbs is actually a cdm who has to play CB because of all the talent we have at cm. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He has gone from nowhere to being one of our hottest prospects in no time. Incredible stuff 👍🏻

could be self belief....its an amazing thing.

5 hours ago, useless said:

Something that seems to be being left unsaid is that he's played a lot of his games out wide, I didn't see the game but I think he played out wide last night with Caleb Chukwuemeka through the middle. He's not just a goal poacher type, and when you watch him playing out wide he isn't just a pacey kick and run type winger, he has pace but also a lot of technical ability.

So you're saying he's exactly like Mo Salah...

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I find it very hard to tell, with academy players.....its almost another skill set to judge them.....I think you need to be watching youth football regularly to have a good inkling.

Assume that is why there are specific youth scouts.

I played with a few lads that got picked up by Leicester, West Brom and Cov when we were playing youth. Granted none of them made it but they wernt even the standouts (from my or any parents/coaches point of view). They were obviously doing somethat that was liked and that a game could be built around rather than having everything you need at that time. 

Archer has that knack of finding space, imagine that set him out early. 

• Like 1

He reminds me a little Of Andy Weimann, and his pathway with this sudden burst of goals is also similar. I'm sure some will see that as a low bar, but Weimann scored 24 goals for us and went on to have a very decent career.

• Like 3

He has pace, he's technically very good, he can play out wide or through the middle, you'll often see him cutting inside to take a shot, is a very good finisher I think he has a lot of the same qualities as Mbappé. He's that type of forward, the kind that every transfer window it seems our fans are asking for, that is one with genuine pace that can play out wide or through the middle, but it's his tecnical ability on the ball that's surprised me the most, he's not someone who's just all pace and nothing else.

As for whether he should go on loan, a lot can change in a few months so we will see come January, but as it stands he shouldn't as he's our third best striker.

Edited by useless

15 hours ago, Nicho said:

Assume that is why there are specific youth scouts.

I played with a few lads that got picked up by Leicester, West Brom and Cov when we were playing youth. Granted none of them made it but they wernt even the standouts (from my or any parents/coaches point of view). They were obviously doing somethat that was liked and that a game could be built around rather than having everything you need at that time. 

Archer has that knack of finding space, imagine that set him out early. 

Honestly there's a case for training a kid as a youngster to be great at all the shitty defensive midfield stuff that every team needs rather than be another fast skilful winger

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He reminds me a little Of Andy Weimann, and his pathway with this sudden burst of goals is also similar. I'm sure some will see that as a low bar, but Weimann scored 24 goals for us and went on to have a very decent career.

😬

18 hours ago, useless said:

He reminds me of Mbappé more than anyone.

🤔 To think that Mbappe mk II was playing at Solihull Moors last season and not really ripping it up is just bizarre!😉

He looks like a real finisher.  Let's hope that his development can continue and he becomes a top striker.  The key now is what to do next - loan him out so he can get good game time or keep him around and in the Villa environment.  He didn't really shine last year but the loan spell has obviously done him some good ... maybe made him realise how lucky he is to be at a top club and how he needs to keep showing development to stay there.  Unless you know the boy really well - physically and, just as importantly, mentally, it is so hard to call.

Â