Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Just now, DCJonah said:

Actually thought he played well tonight. As a squad player he's fine. Would never want him starting most games though. 

Yeah, fair comment.  He wasn't a problem at all tonight and competed well.  Good squad player.

One or two sloppy passes, but to be expected with him not having any games lately, but I thought he hassled and protected our back four very well.  Made a couple of sensible fouls well away from our area as well.

Nice little performance from me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Actually thought he played well tonight. As a squad player he's fine. Would never want him starting most games though. 

I agree and I'm not a huge fan of him but against moderate opposition like tonight he's fine to come in. Of course we lose the passing ability Luiz has but I wouldn't be against having him and Luiz as double pivot for games here and there.

That's the thing really, no one is saying he should be playing 20 + times like last season but tonight showed there's no disaster if he gets a start v bottom half team so it can be allowed to actually rotate our team on occasions.

• Like 2

Thought he did his job well, but he does lack the ability to play that incisive pass which you get with Douglas Luiz.

Personally I never thought Burnley's 4-4-2 would trouble a DM, so I would have started Ramsey - but maybe too physical a team to throw Ramsey in against. So happy to concede that Nakamba was the right pick. Fair play to him.

Hopefully gave Smith the confidence to use his fresh legs 10-15 mins at a time every other week, he's not getting in the team ahead of mcginn or Luiz but that doesn't mean he hasn't got a role to play in helping keeping those 2 playing all season

He was fine, confidence is a huge thing in football, this lad needs it, didn't have it last season 

• Like 4

Keeps it neat and tidy but has absolutely no concept of space or bravery to use it. Either gets a pass in acres of space and could take it a yard or 2 into it but let's it go the second he gets it. Or he'll take a heavy touch and get himself into trouble. 

I like the Marvellous fella. How could you not ? I think there's more to come, it's just a matter of confidence. I was so pleased that Deano played him, at least he knows he's trusted to do a job and that will go some way in giving him the belief that he can be a part in this potentially, successful side. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I like the Marvellous fella. How could you not ? I think there's more to come, it's just a matter of confidence. I was so pleased that Deano played him, at least he knows he's trusted to do a job and that will go some way in giving him the belief that he can be a part in this potentially, successful side. 

I think that's a good point. Imagine how he'd have been feeling if he was still benched with Luiz out. Would've been onto his agent first thing tomorrow to get out in January but shows he can still be trusted and counted on so will continue working hard and motivated.

That's something people miss when they say we should always put out the same 11 at all costs and not even subbing any of them on, the back up players get demotivated and then we have a few expensive ones who we can't shift as happened after O'Neill left given he didn't use much of the squad either.

• Like 1

Nakamba made one tackle high up which led to a very good chance for us. I think he repeated it 2 more times in the second half. I love seeing that. He's probably the only player who can do that. With confidence hopefully he can pass the ball forwards better. 

Â