Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Don't really see him as a good DM at all, opposition glide past him with ease, mediocre passing etc.

Fine with Luiz there in the sort term e.g. next few months given how well he did in the run in. His positioning was top notch which is what you want from the deepest midfielder.

Would be amazed if Nakamba ever reaches the level of someone like Gana.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't really see him as a good DM at all, opposition glide past him with ease, mediocre passing etc.

Fine with Luiz there in the sort term e.g. next few months given how well he did in the run in. His positioning was top notch which is what you want from the deepest midfielder.

Would be amazed if Nakamba ever reaches the level of someone like Gana.

comparing him to Gana is a bit silly, Gana has gone on to play for PSG at is a top top DM, if nakamba is ever 70% of a player that Gana is now, we would be very lucky indeed.

if you look at the stats, he was actually a decent DM, his issue was the other 2 midfielders and the front 3 didnt help him defend, he was badly exposed many times.

I dont think he should be in the first 11 currently (assuming we sign the required players, inc. an MC), but to say he isnt a decent DM is madness to me, i actually think he's a reasonable DM, and im pretty happy to have him in the squad, if we need a pure DM to break up play etc, and he actually gets help defensively, i think he is just fine.

Hopefully this season the midfield and front line will be a bit more proactive in pressing and defensive duties, making us not so easy to play through, defending is a team game, and with the team doing what it needs to do, Nakamba is perfectly reasonable for me as a DM to bring on to help close out games, or as a backup.

He also now has a Premiership season under his belt, which will help him greatly (like many others now).

I think a lot of people are too harsh on a few of the new players from last summer, yeah he isnt Kante, but he's decent enough for our squad for where we are currently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By design or mere coincidence of leagues/teams we are targeting players from?

Absolutely by design. Even those that didn’t know each other Luiz, Wesley, it’s no coincidence we signed our first Brazilian followed shortly by our second. Smith speaks very highly of team cohesion

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if you look at the stats, he was actually a decent DM, his issue was the other 2 midfielders and the front 3 didnt help him defend, he was badly exposed many times.

I always thought it was due to Nakamba surging forward to much and not cutting balls out where players would get past our big hulk like defenders. For me it was one of the reasons why Nakamba struggled and we were losing more games than we should of because it left us open with no one pacey to be at the back chasing fast players down.. I think Nakamaba certainly needed to remain at the back more and he had a tough time knowing when to attack and when to stay back and defend. If Nakamba had of stayed back against spurs when there player, son I believe sprinted past Mings. I believe Nakamba could of at least sealed the draw for us and Son wouldnt of scored that final goal I dieing seconds of the game.

Nakamba could come good though so I do not think selling him is an option considering you can see talent there with abilities. If he can learn fast we would have two solid CDM players this season, if he cant then January we may need to buy a new one and it gives Nakamba time to learn.

Nakamba4Eva!!!

Don’t mind him being part of the squad but he’s a very limited player (atm at least) and always looks a bit small & lightweight in games. He’s not strong & imposing enough to be a PL DM imo and his passing is too poor.

Particularly remember him struggling badly against Bournemouth and especially against Billing...

His passing is needs to improve (hopefully with time and when his nerves settle) and he can’t shoot for shit...

His strength is interceptions and tackles but there is little beyond that atm...

Far from good enough for the first team and not a crucial player for where we are looking I go...a concern if he is getting much game time this season (unless he really develops and shows good form like Luiz - but he is massively inferior to Doug).

This was great though...

image.jpeg.cf2b6d7218cb6a83b4d69071c2f53800.jpeg

His tackling is generally good, but he is a mistake waiting to happen. I struggle to think of many players so uncomfortable when receiving the ball under pressure you can tell by his body language, he goes all tense and cold sweat streams out of my pores. I hope he gets next to no game time this season 

I like much about him. Works hard, gets stuck in, always available....His positioning is piss poor though. Gets dragged all over the place at times chasing down leaving spaces behind him. Needs to learn to sit more and just play what's in front of him. 

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I like much about him. Works hard, gets stuck in, always available....His positioning is piss poor though. Gets dragged all over the place at times chasing down leaving spaces behind him. Needs to learn to sit more and just play what's in front of him. 

Agreed. However he probably believes that he is a box to box player hence drifts too much? His tackling again was solid. 

25 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Needs to improve his pass receiving. Either every pass he gets to fast to high or to weird or hes pass receiving is the problem.

I've noticed he seems to stand and really stretch for the ball a lot when he has time to take a step. 

I think he's a great option when we need to play teams that we aren't going to have much of the ball against will be relying on counter attacking. He's better off the ball than he is on it, works hard, battles and makes the tackles. We don't have anyone else really like him so I'd 100% keep him. 

• Like 1

Think he did ok against burton, nothing spectacular but did his job.

To get as far as criticising nakamba in the burton game, you would need to get past taylor, hause, lansbury and el ghazi way before you got to nakamba.

Â