Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To be fair he was probably our 3rd/4th choice in that position.

It shows. 

I think he was bought to play in and develop into a decent PL player.  He's never going to do that is my point. 

No one covered themselves in glory last night but Nakamaba performed his duties well.

I'm not expecting him to go on to become our next Idrissa Gueye but I've seen more good games from him since he joined than I have from most of this back up team. Most of his shockers came in that period from January when we were in absolute freefall and by the time we restarted the league Luiz luckily had absolute skyrocketed in performances

If a good offer came I would consider selling but I am interested to see if he can catch up to the speed of the premier league like Konsa and Luiz (of course unlikely to that level).

Depth is going to be key this season and he's one of the few players I have faith in as a backup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Another brief cameo yes the game was done and dusted but thought he did well regardless

I liked at 7-2 he took down I think it was Salah outside the box and the defenders gave him a high 5. We dont have enough of these tactical fouls in our team

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I liked at 7-2 he took down I think it was Salah outside the box and the defenders gave him a high 5. We dont have enough of these tactical fouls in our team

Was a smart foul. Unlucky to be booked as well. He just got in his way a bit and I feel like Salah could have  stayed up. Good to bring off the bench. Same with Conor now we don't have to bring him on when we are chasing games I think we will see a much better side of him. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m somehow looking forward for his contribution this season. I think he offers another dimension to other players which we have. I think Smith need to have courage to start and rotate and use what he have. Might even get benefited by the new players. He isn’t better than McGinn or Luiz at all but he offers something different for certain games. 

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Looking at Nakamba's history, I didn't realize we bought so many ex-Brugge players in one summer. Wonder if there was any specific connection we have with Brugge.

According to Björn Engel's agent Evert Maeschalck it was him who brokered our deals with the players with history in Belgium along with Jesus Pitarch

14 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m somehow looking forward for his contribution this season. I think he offers another dimension to other players which we have. I think Smith need to have courage to start and rotate and use what he have. Might even get benefited by the new players. He isn’t better than McGinn or Luiz at all but he offers something different for certain games. 

I think he at least has to be seen as fresh legs to kill games off, whether or not deano has that confidence in him I'm not so sure, should have come on in the Leeds game for example just to give mcginn a breather, we can be guilty of overplaying players at time, McGinn being one of the prime examples 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think he at least has to be seen as fresh legs to kill games off, whether or not deano has that confidence in him I'm not so sure, should have come on in the Leeds game for example just to give mcginn a breather, we can be guilty of overplaying players at time, McGinn being one of the prime examples 

Totally agree with that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Looking at Nakamba's history, I didn't realize we bought so many ex-Brugge players in one summer. Wonder if there was any specific connection we have with Brugge.

Suso was a big fan of the alcoves 😛

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Buy one get one free.

10 hours ago, sne said:

According to Björn Engel's agent Evert Maeschalck it was him who brokered our deals with the players with history in Belgium along with Jesus Pitarch

Does Belgium have/had a stars in their eyes type programme?

"Tonight Mathieu I'm going to be Jorge Mendes....."

spacer.png

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We certainly do. This man is a Villa fan and starred in the movie In Bruges. Maybe he started the connection for us and really is more a secret agent than hitman? 😉

giphy.gif&ehk=4fcItK%2BnovMYU1egrlAzVwcp

• Like 1

Last time against Stoke, only Nakamba seem to be good. To be honest can’t remember wether it was Stoke or Burton but I’ve seen much improvement in his all round game. I know that especially Burton isn’t the time to judge him, but I still think he could be useful to the squad. Wether he’s a long term solution or not, that’s another case. I really hope he steps up.

Â