Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

He actually had good-to-excellent defensive stats last season, overall league best among CM/DMs in various types of blocks in particular, just tended to look uncomfortable on the ball. If we could get him and Doug working together smoothly, he could prove extremely useful. A more stable midfield defensively strengthens us in both directions, he's worth a try with no cover whatsoever currently coming from McGinn and Barkley. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the_eristic said:

He actually had good-to-excellent defensive stats last season, overall league best among CM/DMs in various types of blocks in particular, just tended to look uncomfortable on the ball. If we could get him and Doug working together smoothly, he could prove extremely useful. A more stable midfield defensively strengthens us in both directions, he's worth a try with no cover whatsoever currently coming from McGinn and Barkley. 

I wouldn't mind that at all and for me Jack, Ross and McGinn behind Ollie, stop the long punts and dominate that midfield. 

Problem is I have a feeling Barkley will not be dropped, part of his loan agreement.

McGinn although poor in the last two games has goals and assists too, one of them has to be dropped.

There is no way Southampton would have been able to waltz through our middle with Marvelous playing, no way.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Thought he looked awesome in his cameo.

Did you guys see how he picked up the ball and passed it to someone else? 

Just superb.

Tbf it was actually great work from him to win it. We didn't need to keep the ball so he put it in the air over his man. He could have hit it harder but after coady(?) headed it the whistle was blown so no big deal. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf it was actually great work from him to win it. We didn't need to keep the ball so he put it in the air over his man. He could have hit it harder but after coady(?) headed it the whistle was blown so no big deal. 

Surely will be playing in the dm role in Luiz absence.

Will be interesting to see how he does.

On 01/11/2020 at 23:31, sheepyvillian said:

I really hope Nakamba can get a chance and excel with us. Nothing would please me more. 

Same here, he went on hand in hand with my youngest when he was mascot last year and was really nice to him for the Leicester game so a got a bit fan club in this household 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Same here, he went on hand in hand with my youngest when he was mascot last year and was really nice to him for the Leicester game so a got a bit fan club in this household 

He's got one of them faces where if you shouted at him you would instantly regret it.

And I definitely think he will come good for us. 

• Haha 3

Â