Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Can't see it on dean Jones' feed but maybe he said it on his podcast. 

It would make sense though, he's got 2 years left on his deal in the summer and you either sell or extend at this point otherwise you lose the value when you have to sell with 1 year left 

It don't stop. Not saying it can't happen, but seems unlikely this year as we simply can't afford to lose him, although @Delphinho123 would probably disagree?

Arsenal remain interested in Aston Villa star Douglas Luiz ahead of the summer transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

The Gunners have had numerous bids for the Brazil international, 25, rejected in recent windows.

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’d be ok with selling for in and around £100million or more. I don’t wish us to but can see the benefits.

He’s a great player but also one who I think we could replace easier than Watkins or Martinez. We need to get better at selling players at the right time for us and then reinvest that money into the team. Signed for £15million in 2019 so that’s £100mill pure profit. 

I agree he would be easier to replace than Watkins or Martinez but we aren’t getting 100 million for him. Probably more like 70.

On 16/04/2024 at 17:39, MotoMkali said:

Can't see it on dean Jones' feed but maybe he said it on his podcast. 

It would make sense though, he's got 2 years left on his deal in the summer and you either sell or extend at this point otherwise you lose the value when you have to sell with 1 year left 

Are indeed what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He wants Champions League above the Prem according to this  . Maybe he wants to see if we get there before committing. Didnt he sign with Kia Jooronichan as his agent ? 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He wants Champions League above the Prem according to this  . Maybe he wants to see if we get there before committing. Didnt he sign with Kia Jooronichan as his agent ? 

Seeing where we are next season clearly makes a lot more sense, because it allows him to value the costs/benefits/missed opportunities, as well as potentially ask for money if we do qualify for the champions league.

I strongly doubt anything will be done before the season ends 

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Arsenal remain interested in Aston Villa star Douglas Luiz ahead of the summer transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

The Gunners have had numerous bids for the Brazil international, 25, rejected in recent windows.

I am 100% sure every word of this Football Insider scoop is true. It is, however, not a news story, just a recital of known facts.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

WTH has happened to Doug? He used to be so good, now he's been very average for some time.

He's had to play too many minutes this season. Simple. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

He's had to play too many minutes this season. Simple. 

Yes this is what I think. Purely drained mentally and physically. Other players too. Who can blame them they've been pushing like crazy all season to be where we are. Unai is relentless.

Â