Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 08/04/2024 at 03:55, Delphinho123 said:

McGinn and Kamara are better.

Luiz is overrated on here. Good player but we treat him like he’s a world beater when I don’t think he is tbh. He’s been average a lot this season in matches. 

👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think McGinn gives us more physicality in the double pivot. Luiz is still class but not a no. 6

Truth is, if we're in CL next year, our second violins will need to be able to step into first violin chairs routinely. Any quality differences will need to be marginal.

• Like 1

I think we had more bite and energy in his absence and the freshness in the middle made a big difference. I'm a big fan of Luiz but yesterday gave me some reassurance that we can play well without him too. It's a squad game!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, bobzy said:

Is he the weak link? 👀

No.

We were better in every single department yesterday than we have been for weeks. Maybe months. I don't think you can draw any big conclusions about one position from one game

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No.

We were better in every single department yesterday than we have been for weeks. Maybe months. I don't think you can draw any big conclusions about one position from one game

I know, hence…

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

Rogers, I think.

My comment was in jest by the way pals :D 

• Like 1

People suggesting he is the weak link remind me of that famous Neil Warnock clip where he says they don't need a keeper anymore after Jagielka kept a clean sheet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

like a lot of players , some opposition team  seem to suit their style of play better than others 

(Carlos is probably still trying to figure out how to explain to his wife why he came home with another man in his pocket last night , but Carlos has struggled against other types of forward )

Doug is the same , he seems to play with such a  laid back style that when it doesn't work he can look like a liability , but when it does work he is the engine room that keeps a lot of what we do ticking  .. we will need him on Thursday more than Yuri i think 

Spot on, and on top of that Luiz has been playing a lot of minutes week in week out so maybe not that surprising that slightly fresher legs coming into his position has helped.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mantis said:

That very late suspension could end up being a huge blessing in disguise now.

I was literally thinking about this today. Having won yesterday, Dougies forced rest could absolutely be a blessing in disguise as he was looking somewhat jaded of late. Now he should come back feeling pretty revived a raring to go. After the win yesterday we need at least a point from Bournemouth to make it count.

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

The great thing about yesterday is I think that this result will help re-set Dougie.. May be its just me, but I think you are bound to lose a few percent of intensity in training etc if you feel that you are the first name on the team sheet.. I'm not saying for one minute that I think Luiz is over confident, but i think it helps your day to day motivation if you feel that others could take your spot.

• Like 1

Â