Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

45 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Hasn't been at his best for a while, and he keeps getting such cheap cards

He’s been below par for weeks now, he picks up cheap cards due to his lack of physicality. 

Not sure what he's playing at recently.

Grown into a brilliant player, but gone back a bit to thinking he's that good he doesn't have to try. Coasting around, losing the ball in really dangerous scenarios, not driving anyone on.

If we want to sell someone big for some FFP movement, he's clear at the top of my list.

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

Since Kamara got injured IMO, which would make sense really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure what he's playing at recently.

Grown into a brilliant player, but gone back a bit to thinking he's that good he doesn't have to try. Coasting around, losing the ball in really dangerous scenarios, not driving anyone on.

If we want to sell someone big for some FFP movement, he's clear at the top of my list.

He’s holding onto the ball too long again when there are simple passes on. It used to infuriate me and now he’s letting it creep back in to his game again. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

Just now, T-Dog said:

Since Kamara got injured IMO, which would make sense really.

We need more from him though.

It's no good only being of use when we're flying.

We need our better players like Doug to lift the rest.

Tielemans is impacting games more and he's simply not as good a footballer as Doug.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We need more from him though.

It's no good only being of use when we're flying.

We need our better players like Doug to lift the rest.

Tielemans is impacting games more and he's simply not as good a footballer as Doug.

I don't disagree that we need more from him, but I also don't think he's been that bad. I think the issue is he's (and SJM, and Tielemans) are trying to cover for what Kamara used to do. I can't help but think that with another 'anchor man' behind him (oo-er) he'd be playing a lot better.

• Like 1

He’s always given cheap free kicks away - it’s almost a trademark of his game, but it’s not helping us at the moment at all.

Awful for their goal last night as well. Just lets his man run off him and get a free header. 

10 hours ago, WooJung said:

The booking last night was bs though. The ref didn't book players for identical shirts pulls on a least 5 occasions prior to Dougie going in the book. Doing that sets the precedent. You either book them all or none.

Edited by jimmygreaves

27 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

The booking last night was bs though. The ref didn't book players for identical shirts pulls on a least 5 occasions prior to Dougie going in the book. Doing that sets the precedent. You either book them all or none.

A shirt pull is a booking, the ref being an absolute mug and not being able to have any consistency doesn't make Luiz pulling a shirt any less of a booking (or a stupid decision)

32 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Yeah, that was a minor shirt pull, yet the Lille player almost ripped Konsa’s shirt off his back in the same part of the pitch only 3-4 mins earlier. The only consistency the ref showed last night was that our players were bookable and theirs weren’t.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He's doing 2 jobs on the pitch, we have no defensive midfielder so he's pitching in with that plus trying to be creative, he's overworked.

100%. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He's doing 2 jobs on the pitch, we have no defensive midfielder so he's pitching in with that plus trying to be creative, he's overworked.

This.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is he the weak link? 👀

No. Just needs to be rested more next season.

I get his importance to what UE wants to do but today showed he doesn't need to play every single minute of every single league game next season (as we rarely sub him unless we're 3 or 4 nil up).

Tielemans-SJM was sensational as the pivot today so that's given the manager plenty to think about for the strategy next year for the league season.

He'll be a big player in the CL though so that's a reason we need to keep him for another year.

• Like 1

Â