Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I usually think sometimes comments are a bit ott and he doesn't actually play that bad but **** me, that was an absolute howler from him today. Midfield in general was just rubbish but yeah massive stinker from Dougie. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

He needs Kamara alongside him to be at his best. 

If he can't step up to the plate when better players are injured, then Villa need to cash in on him 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's doing Kamara's job which he's not as good at and McGinn/Tielemans are doing Luiz's job which they aren't as good at.

Up until Kamara got injured you saw Luiz breaking into the box a lot, he got a number of goals arriving late. I cant remember the last time I saw him get in them areas now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If he can't step up to the plate when better players are injured, then Villa need to cash in on him 

He's not as his best as he is having to do the role he's not suited for best. 

That being said, if we had to sell any big first team player this summer for financial reasons, then I'd let Dougie go instead of Emi or Ollie. 

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's doing Kamara's job which he's not as good at and McGinn/Tielemans are doing Luiz's job which they aren't as good at.

Up until Kamara got injured you saw Luiz breaking into the box a lot, he got a number of goals arriving late. I cant remember the last time I saw him get in them areas now.

What’s our analysis of the role tielemans and McGinn played against arsenal? One of them as Kamara and one of them as Luiz presumably. Either way they did a decent job of it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

What’s our analysis of the role tielemans and McGinn played against arsenal? One of them as Kamara and one of them as Luiz presumably. Either way they did a decent job of it 

They did, which I think was helped by Carlos playing in what was a solid 3 at the back in possession. I'd rather we put Konsa RB and Carlos CB every game, I think we look a lot more composed in our structure with this set up. Not blaming Cash but games just feel way more chaotic when he's involved.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's not as his best as he is having to do the role he's not suited for best. 

That being said, if we had to sell any big first team player this summer for financial reasons, then I'd let Dougie go instead of Emi or Ollie. 

Yeah, if we need to get right by PSR then it may be the best time to sell Luiz. We're short in midfield, which ironically may make him the ideal position to sell, as it could potentially allow us to replace him with two good players and allow us to rotate our midfielders more. 

Need to look at it as an opportunity if we have a player who's highly sought-after yet we play better when he isn't on the pitch, and unfortunately that's now the case with Luiz. 

• Like 2

Obviously he misses Kamara next to him but he needs to do a lot more than he has been. I’ve said it the last few games he’s played he’s gone back to holding on to the ball to long and not playing simple passes when they are on. He needs to hit the gym as well, physically he struggles to compete, that’s why he’s been booked so much. Most of his booking are for pulling after being muscled off the ball. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Xela said:

36 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Is he overrated on here? Yes

Is he still a very good player? Yes

I know people will say...its an over top reaction but I tend to agree these comments.

He is a good technical player but even when kamara is next to him I still.domt think he is that good. He does good things but I have never seen him dominate a midfield or gone..wow...he played well.today.

Something is up..hasn't been half as good since Jan and it was ok upto then...arsenal talk a distraction..who knows.

Now that teilemens is out I'm not looking at him going its ok he will pick up the slack.

If anything he will go into hiding like he does most games and just pop up now and then.

In hindsight maybe the wrong decision to put him straight in. Poor performance by his standards. Could have been sent off and daudled on the ball on numerous occasions.

Undoubtedly a great player, but for whatever reason he's not showing it lately. We actually perform much better when he's absent. 

Â