Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's what I was thinking, but I hope it's not the case.

We need two DMs. Bjarnason should be nowhere near the team and Hourihane isn't good enough to fill in there at PL level.

Nakamba is more of CM not a DM. 

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

We're not going to sign him without knowing the outcome of  the work permit.  We do these things correctly now, it seems. 

We were happy to announce big Wes and Trezeguet before they had their approved. I wonder are we less sure about this one getting through?

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Nakamba is more of CM not a DM. 

I've never seen him play, but Whoscored and Transfermkt both have his primary position as DM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Is Luiz even a defensive mid? I thought he was more box to box than that? 

He's played the CM position vastly more than he's played DM. 

42 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

We were happy to announce big Wes and Trezeguet before they had their approved. I wonder are we less sure about this one getting through?

Because it's not a forgone conclusion. As Man City found to their cost, but our situation is slightly different and we believe that gives us a better chance of getting the said work permit but it's no certainty. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

from what i have read about him, which could be wrong ofc, he can play DM, MC and to even a more forward MC, however i have also seen numerous times that people seem to think his best position is a DM role that is a modern DM, ie, time on the ball, can break forward when needed, classy passer etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I read he's talked of as future player for Brazil sitting in front of the back 4 so in rest of the world football terms that's false 9

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I read he's talked of as future player for Brazil sitting in front of the back 4 so in rest of the world football terms that's false 9

A false 9 is like Messi for barca or like Mueller used to be for bayern - a striker who is more like an AM. Luiz is more of a deep lying playmaker. He dictates the tempo and orchestrates the team, like a quarterback in the NFL. 

Â