Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

would have thought after 2 years at Man City, even if all that was on loan, he would have learnt english in the expectation he would get to man city eventually?

Not a major issue, just an observation.

He said he didn’t speak much English but would shout orders from the back. I would guess he’s not fluent, but can speak a bit. 

If our manager and staff thought it would be an issue, this deal wouldn’t be happening. 

I don’t know if it’s because he’s come from Man City or if it’s because he’s Brazilian U23’s captain, but this is the most exciting signing of the summer for me. 

In fact, our most exciting signing for a long time. Maybe since Laursen (and that was because of AC Milan and CM). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just got to send 14 English teachers to his house now. Get him speaking English asap. 

I’ll volunteer!

19 hours ago, MaVilla said:

would have thought after 2 years at Man City, even if all that was on loan, he would have learnt english in the expectation he would get to man city eventually?

Not a major issue, just an observation.

I've lived in Austria and Germany, and would say I can speak German - not to be able to do an interview.
But I managed to get food and beer, and have a laugh with colleagues. There is a difference in the fluency requirements for different circumstances. 

Edited by Pez1974
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t know if it’s because he’s come from Man City or if it’s because he’s Brazilian U23’s captain, but this is the most exciting signing of the summer for me. 

In fact, our most exciting signing for a long time. Maybe since Laursen (and that was because of AC Milan and CM). 

Same for me. 

Delighted with this. 

When was the last time we had this many players so comfortable on the ball?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Same for me. 

Delighted with this. 

When was the last time we had this many players so comfortable on the ball?

i would say never.

Not a joke either, literally never.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

Still pinching myself. Historically, we don't sign this type of player. He's elite. Potentially world class. Also mindful too that he is 21 and might be prone to a few mistakes early doors. But again, what a signing. We've put this league on notice.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Can't see any mention but it seems almost certain.

I'm not too bothered about it to be honest. Unless Rodri is an absolute flop, Luiz won't be going anywhere for a while.

Â