Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Good point

excellent point i thought!

I had responded excitedly to the post before mine about "Luiz done deal"............then i realised it was a repost from 2 weeks ago when it was supposedly a "done deal" :(

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

excellent point i thought!

I had responded excitedly to the post before mine about "Luiz done deal"............then i realised it was a repost from 2 weeks ago when it was supposedly a "done deal" :(

Nothing wrong with being excited, it’s the premature bit that’s a problem

any news on this?

Whether its Douglas or someone else, we need to get a DM in badly, really seriously badly.

I would say this position is one of our most important purchases, a little concerned we are so far in to the window and nothing is confirmed for the DM position yet.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon? (or another DM sorted soon).

2 friendly games to go......could do with a new DM playing in 1 at least, preferably both of those friendlies.....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

any news on this?

Whether its Douglas or someone else, we need to get a DM in badly, really seriously badly.

I would say this position is one of our most important purchases, a little concerned we are so far in to the window and nothing is confirmed for the DM position yet.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon? (or another DM sorted soon).

2 friendly games to go......could do with a new DM playing in 1 at least, preferably both of those friendlies.....

Must be pretty close by now I'd have thought.

Just now, joshharris12 said:

With nakamba bought in surely this is dead  

I can't see it. Even after Luiz joins we needed another DMC/CM for cover. While Luiz, Grealish and McGinn looks very good, there's **** all depth behind that. Hourihane, Lansbury, Doyle-Hayes, Tshibola simply aren't very good options. The former two might do in a pinch, but both are more suited to an attacking role than defensive duties. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

I wasn't expecting 2 DM signings, but why not both? We all know Hourihane can play the DM role, but he is better higher up the pitch. 

Have Nakamba/Luiz battling for the DM position, allowing Grealish/McGinn/Hourihane/Lansbury/O'Hare/Bjarnason to challenge the 2 CM spots. 

That would be very healthy competition. 

• Like 1

:crylaugh:

I'm getting you back for that time about 7 years ago when I didn't want people to know which Bank I worked at and you told everyone. HA! Got ya. Finally

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

That's what I was thinking, but I hope it's not the case.

We need two DMs. Bjarnason should be nowhere near the team and Hourihane isn't good enough to fill in there at PL level.

• Thanks 1

Â