Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, BennettVilla said:

He’s just posted on his insta account some videos of him in the gym. Either the Lightning’s woke him up and he’s decided to post them now or it would suggest he’s currently not in the UK?

Yeah he’s definitely still in Brazil. His personal trainer has has been posting videos of other people/clients in the same gym in Brazil. The trainer also posted in one of the comments he’d be signing Monday so I assume there’s a set date for the work permit hearing, and they’re confident it’ll be done. 

Edit - Douglas keeps posting with a lion emoji in his videos too as a hint. I don’t think we need to panic we just need to be patient. 

Edited by villan-scott

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The twitter post says villa is putting a legal case to show how important Luiz is. You wouldn't do that through a court of law, so I think the journalist may have used the wrong wording. It is most likely that they mean proving luiz's worth to the exceptions panel. 

Edited by Made In Aston

51 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The twitter post says villa is putting a legal case to show how important Luiz is. You wouldn't do that through a court of law, so I think the journalist may have used the wrong wording. It is most likely that they mean proving luiz's worth to the exceptions panel. 

Well that's probably made up because no circumstance exists that I'm aware of that proving a player is important is relevant to approving. It's something people have made up in their head on podcasts and the like and it gets repeated by many

6 hours ago, BennettVilla said:

He’s just posted on his insta account some videos of him in the gym. Either the Lightning’s woke him up and he’s decided to post them now or it would suggest he’s currently not in the UK?

I see this as a potential positive. I'm fairly sure you need to be outside the UK to apply for a work permit in the UK.

33 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I see this as a potential positive. I'm fairly sure you need to be outside the UK to apply for a work permit in the UK.

So Wesley Moraes and Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan have now both been announced officially subject to a work visa and international clearance yet the suggestion is that Douglas Luiz is not being announced because he does not have a work visa and international clearance yet?  I really hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this.

Just now, mattyg38 said:

So Wesley Moraes and Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan have now both been announced officially subject to a work visa and international clearance yet the suggestion is that Douglas Luiz is not being announced because he does not have a work visa and international clearance yet?  I really hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this.

Different situations. Wesley has European cup appearance points. Trezeguet has international caps

17 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

To me he’s Doug Lewis. 

With him and Fred Gilbert we’ll have the makings of a quality crown green bowls team. 

Old Jack Grealish, an' all. 

I looked at the points system and I think he will get 4 points from section A of the rules as he will be in the 50th percentile of wages and fees. Plus he is u23 captain of Brazil and played in 30% or more games for Girona. 

54 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

And Jed Steer. Always think that sounds like an old farmer’s name.

more like a "cow hand" from the Wild West.

" git over 'ere, Jed Steer"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If DS can make this work and everybody clicks, the excitement of it all might just kill me. I really think Tom Heaton would make a big difference too as much as everyone seems to want Butland

I am just waiting with baited breath for a top keeper.

I am missing the Rimmer,Spinks, Bosnich Days.

Â