Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

43 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I actually remember Shearer doing a similar analysis of Neil Taylor when he broke through at Swansea a few years back. Pretty sure he predicted that he'd be England's left back for years to come.

He had his Wales debut the same year he first played for Swansea so if Shearer did say this (and it wouldn’t surprise me) its pretty dreadful punditry! 

39 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder when the buy back clause will kick in, hopefully we’re able to negotiate it to kick in after at least two seasons which I’d be happy with.

At that point, if he lives up to his potential we’d likely be losing him to a bigger club clause or no clause 

He needs the senior international games 30% in calender year I think or they have to buy back and pay wages in relative % to their club to get the points for with permit unless he gets residency???

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He needs the senior international games 30% in calender year I think or they have to buy back and pay wages in relative % to their club to get the points for with permit unless he gets residency???

A clause as we had would Bournemouth would be lovely. lol

Match the biggest offer, would be much better than let’s 30m.

Although thats City, I don’t think they’re easy to negotiate.

6 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I actually remember Shearer doing a similar analysis of Neil Taylor when he broke through at Swansea a few years back. Pretty sure he predicted that he'd be England's left back for years to come.

Could you imagine if Taylor was England's international left back?

side eye wtf GIF

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

No social media posts by him or the trainer for about 20 hours now (according to Instagram, I’m not counting, honest). Am I too optimistic thinking he may be travelling to the UK?!

Love this thinking

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

No social media posts by him or the trainer for about 20 hours now (according to Instagram, I’m not counting, honest). Am I too optimistic thinking he may be travelling to the UK?!

Maybe he is signing but very slow at handwriting. Kids these days are all about the iPad. 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Still no activity. I can feel it in my waters he’s back in the UK. #villan-scottITK

40 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Douglas Luiz gym update. He’s posted a video on his insta story of himself in what looks like a different gym to before. One things for sure, he’s putting the hours in the gym!

Definitely still in Brazil though

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Not disputing, but out of interest how can you tell?

Location was Rio on all the other trainers posts today. Also there is an instagram pic going round of him today with one of the kids who is training with him and the location is again Rio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Location was Rio on all the other trainers posts today. Also there is an instagram pic going round of him today with one of the kids who is training with him and the location is again Rio.

Proper stalker aren't you?! 😱😱🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I reckon he's there to drop off Villa shirts and merch for Wesley's family before coming back to Birmingham and signing. It all fits. 

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

I bow down to your superior stalking capabilities. 

Hopefully this one is confirmed this week at some point to get him to BMH and integrated. 

Sorry if it has been mentioned/suggested already, but is it not a case of we cannot make the signing announcement official until his work permit is sorted and cleared.

These things usually take a while to go through so it could be another week or so before we hear anything if it is solely surrounding this WP issue.

I think it will all be fine.

Â