Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry if it has been mentioned/suggested already, but is it not a case of we cannot make the signing announcement official until his work permit is sorted and cleared.

These things usually take a while to go through so it could be another week or so before we hear anything if it is solely surrounding this WP issue.

I think it will all be fine.

We announced Wesley before the work permit was sorted, however it might be that we had no doubt about that work permit so were confident enough to announce it.

Possibly the douglas Luiz situation isn't so straight forward, or maybe he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet?, or something else?

But in answer to your question, no you don't need to wait until the work permit is sorted.

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't realise than man city have spent a fortune on a new dm this summer. Surely that shows this luiz signing is not just a glorified loan. 

They would not necessarily buy him back to use him, might also buy him back just to sell him on at a profit.

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We announced Wesley before the work permit was sorted, however it might be that we had no doubt about that work permit so were confident enough to announce it.

Possibly the douglas Luiz situation isn't so straight forward, or maybe he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet?, or something else?

But in answer to your question, no you don't need to wait until the work permit is sorted.

City probably won’t sell to us if he can’t get a WP. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Would he agree to that though? 

Don't know how much of a choice he will have. Also I doubt they would tell him before the sale.

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Don't know how much of a choice he will have. Also I doubt they would tell him before the sale.

I don't know why people keep saying this. You can't force someone to put pen to paper and sign for another club - just see Real Madrid wanting rid of Bale.

I also don't think he could have signed a pre-agreement with Man City to get around this as there is no fixed date for him to return which I'm pretty sure would be needed for a valid contract.

If Man City did want to buy him back to sell on he would also be well within his rights to accept the transfer back to Man City then refuse to move on to whatever club that want to buy him.

The only thing that likely stops any of this happening is an 'understanding' and people sticking to their word.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So should all be wrapped up by Monday.

Gets a run out in Germany at least the following week, hopefully his fitness will be fine and he'll go straight into the XI for Tottenham and have a debut as good as Stiliyans

If Villa is the saviour of Luiz's football career and he starts loving it here like many a PLAYER who have joined us, then I can't see Man city being able to make him move back if he doesn't want to go.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

They would not necessarily buy him back to use him, might also buy him back just to sell him on at a profit.

So we could potentially buy him now, Man City buy him back and then sell him back to us again for a more than they brought him back for? Lol

Edited by Hobbit Feet

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't realise than man city have spent a fortune on a new dm this summer. Surely that shows this luiz signing is not just a glorified loan. 

Makes sense. It was probably the only position they weren’t really strong in. 

When Fernandinho wasn’t playing they looked a different team last season. 

• Like 1

I completely get why these negotiations are dragging on.  If all the sub-plots are true about City using us as a way of getting a work permit for him, and adding in a buyback clause, then it makes total sense for Villa to be making damn sure we're not a glorified mule in the whole saga.  If it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right, and I'd much rather wait and have it done to our satisfaction.  It's kind of weird having competent professionals in charge.  I'm not used to this.

• Like 1

I think it's possible the club may have made a small error in announcing Wesley as early as they did and with it pending work permit clearance.

Perhaps this time they're waiting until it's 100% done before making any formal announcement.......maybe.

• Like 1

Â