Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

47 minutes ago, tinker said:

You could have just learnt to run.

Doug is a very frustrating player , he can look good but he can also look hopeless all in the space of 5 minutes. He's to inconsistent for us to push on and he's had enough time to remove the lapses in his game and they still keep happening. I would cash in .

Running is self-defense and the first important teaching...and don't you worry I'm quick!

• Like 1

Not sure of his role, he’s not the DM we crave but also lacks the carries, cutting creativity and goals also needed from a progressive midfielder, he is certainly not a #10. 

He always looks up for it but having specifically watched him on a few recent occasions, he sometimes lacks a tangible urgency and is too sloppy in possession too. I think his decision making is good but the execution too often not.

Its a quandary, I wonder if our set up doesn’t provide a platform for his skills, maybe another league would suit his game?

5 hours ago, tinker said:

You could have just learnt to run.

Doug is a very frustrating player , he can look good but he can also look hopeless all in the space of 5 minutes. He's to inconsistent for us to push on and he's had enough time to remove the lapses in his game and they still keep happening. I would cash in .

The issue with him is....he is good at somethings and not good at others......and it depends what one is looking at, that creates opinion.

I also think because the club has been slow to recruit a successor to Whelan or Jedinak, in terms of better quality....Dougie has been made to play that role....some will argue and say he is a DLP, But that insinuates the Job they done, goes amiss....None of our current midfielders can play a role that requires defensive Nous....McGinn too has been deployed there, to no avail....we just waste his attacking tendency as we do with Dougie...IMO

Until the right man comes in, to show what is missing.....I fancy the debate will roll on.

I think SG can see it, hence being linked with some good exponents.....I don't think Dean could see it or didn't appreciate its importance.

3 hours ago, carlitobrigante said:

reminds me of reo-coker

bang average, laughable we once upon a time thought we might lose him to man city lol

Ok, so you don't like him. That's about the worst insult that could be thrown at him. 

Maybe you should watch rugby instead. You've no clue about football if you think they are similar players.

Im a huge fan off his. But as it been said so many times he's never a DCM. excited to see him in either a 2 or 3 think he is more a DLP/box to box player and could thrive in a 2 or 3 with a dedicated DCM next to him. 

Â