Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

When he isn't there, we're half a side moving from defence to midfield.

No one else has the ability or composure to do it for us on the ball.

He's better at it than Bissouma as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When he isn't there, we're half a side moving from defence to midfield.

No one else has the ability or composure to do it for us on the ball.

He's better at it than Bissouma as well.

It can't be understated how important that is, especially for a team like us who are looking to keep possession more.

• Like 1

Without being unkind, he’s honestly our weak link right now. He’s tidy and his positional awareness good but he’s very casual in and out of possession which frustrates me immensely.

I don’t dislike him at all but we can certainly improve our No6 area.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Without being unkind, he’s honestly our weak link right now. He’s tidy and his positional awareness good but he’s very casual in and out of possession which frustrates me immensely.

I don’t dislike him at all but we can certainly improve our No6 area.

He’s tidy in possession and can pull the strings and dictate possession, but it’s all dependant on the style of opposition , he’s way to passive when defending and unwilling to engage opponents, how may tackles did he put in today? Mcginn won the ball 9 times, he never backs him self to win the ball, Not doubting his quality but there are certain games that just don’t suit him especially at 6 , if we get european football at some point he might excel. 

• Like 1

Does anyone actually have any idea what the situation is with his contract? I can’t recall any press about him being offered a new contract or refusing to sign one. There is normally some noise but it’s been radio silence. He definitely merits a new contract, to protect his value as much as anything else, so the assumption would be that he’s said no. Even if we sell him in the summer with 12 months left, we will take a hit on his value. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 which was =3rd with Cash,  Konsa, Ramsey. Mcginn 6 Buendia 4. 

He had 2nd most interceptions with 2. Digne made 3.

This is a silly attempt at a dig at Luiz. 

Some people wanted Mcginn sold after he didn't play vs Manure. I just don't understand the desire to find negatives with players after every game even after a positive result

I gave him more positives than negatives mate, he just doesn’t engage enough more my liking, but he’s still a QUALITY player, I’d just like more steel along side him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

As someone who isn't Luiz's biggest fan, the data shows that we've been performing much better this season when Luiz plays than not. 

Really?! Didn’t we have a 100% record under gerrard when Nakamba was in the number 6 role?

perhaps your point is that luiz played as an 8 in those games. Either way though, if Nakamba weren’t injured then luiz would not a merit being in the starting 11 as both McGinn and Ramsey have outperformed him 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Really?! Didn’t we have a 100% record under gerrard when Nakamba was in the number 6 role?

perhaps your point is that luiz played as an 8 in those games. Either way though, if Nakamba weren’t injured then luiz would not a merit being in the starting 11 as both McGinn and Ramsey have outperformed him 

Our record with Nakamba  under Gerrard is a 60% win record actually.

Also, yes I'm just talking about games where Luiz played regardless of which role he played in that game.

23 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

McGinn and Ramsey play a different role to Luiz.  A midfield of Nakamba, McGinn and JJ has lost a dimension from a midfield of Nakamba, McGinn / JJ & Luiz.  Our top 3 would soon get completely isolated because Nakamba, JJ and McGinn just don't have the ability to carry  / pass the ball out of defence so we'd resort to hoofing it down the channels again.  To be fair until we bring in another midfielder and can play Luiz, JJ and McGinn in their natural positions (and sorry Nakamba is OK as a back up but he is not at the level we need in that pivotal role to compete at the next level) it is pretty pointless discussing which one gets dropped because it depends what skills the new No 6 has.

• Like 2

Â