Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, villa4europe said:

His partner who can see the run of the unmarked utd player and does nothing about it... 

That goal is very very little to do with mings, its mad how people look for him when we concede and ignore everything else 

Luiz doesn't track his man who gets a free header to score "wheres mings?" 

Don't assume I have any prejudice against Mings. I don't. I have said my piece. I'd also suggest you look at Konsa immediately blaming Mings for the goal and Mings not defending himself. Which says a lot to me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Don't assume I have any prejudice against Mings. I don't. I have said my piece. I'd also suggest you look at Konsa immediately blaming Mings for the goal and Mings not defending himself. Which says a lot to me.

Saw this as well, Ming's just walked off. 

• Like 2

During our period of dominance in the 2nd half Luiz was picking up all the loose ends and driving us on. The nearest thing to composed on either side. I was watching with fans of other clubs and they thought Luiz was the best player on the pitch.

McGinn is very erratic. I love the guy but he'll do 3 great things followed by 3 absolute shit things. Very frustrating 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mazrim said:

During our period of dominance in the 2nd half Luiz was picking up all the loose ends and driving us on. The nearest thing to composed on either side. I was watching with fans of other clubs and they thought Luiz was the best player on the pitch.

McGinn is very erratic. I love the guy but he'll do 3 great things followed by 3 absolute shit things. Very frustrating 

Generally McGinn is the most risk-taking central midfielder we have, though, so he's much more likely to mess things up at times.  Normally, those shit things are higher up the pitch where we don't have quite the same urgency in getting back.

Luiz is typically more composed, deeper, breaking up play and passing the ball around.  But when he loses possession (which is does when doing daft things, IMO) we're immediately in trouble.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Started slowly but then was probably best midfielder on the pitch. Once he got control Bruno did very little 

I actually agree with you for once. I thought he had one of his better games last night and we bossed the midfield for large parts of the game and he was integral to that. My MOTM,

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think the guy is class but want to see him just in front of or alongside a dedicated CDM. I think we'd really see his quality more regularly then.

Yes me too so we need to sign that CDM but i thought Ramsey was very good second half as well drving the team forward. 

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes me too so we need to sign that CDM but i thought Ramsey was very good second half as well drving the team forward. 

Yeah he is. Still a few rough edges but you'd expect that. Some of that give and go stuff in the 2nd half ran United ragged. Very encouraging.

He'll enjoy linking up with Coutinho too.

Â