Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Gave away a classic lazy tracking back foul for which he got a booking on about 85 minutes. Has looked pretty decent aside from that lapse.

Going to extra time and could go either way. Come on Luiz,  score a screamer.

Seeing this post made me go further a rabbit hole into how many yellow cards he got last season because I remember him getting quite a lot of them.

I found out that indeed, he had a lot of yellow cards last season. 10 yellow cards if you count second yellows as well,  joint 4th most out of any player last season.

Surprisingly Mcginn has even more with 12 yellow cards(or 11 depending on the source) putting him as the player with the most yellow cards out of anyone last season. First time I've heard of it.

Luiz also got 8 yellow cards the season before so its pretty much consistent for him but Mcginn only got 3 the season before there's a massive jump for him. I wonder what's the cause of this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A question for you on here . Do you think we would have gone for him for £25 million now we have the scouting analysis in place. If he had played elsewhere the last 2 years ? 

And second question would you be happy he is sold based on the above ?

Nothing serious.Just based on the last weeks shenanigans can you take the emotion that' he is our player and he can get better next season ' when based purely on stats he is nowhere near our starting 11.

Based on Alavarez, most people would tear off the selling clubs arm to sign him now if he played for a different club.

People forget that without him we would have been playing Championship last year.

He needs to be tied to a new contract in the next few weeks or else sell him. I rate him, has a lot of potential and sometimes it's easy to look at the shiny new players but this is a 23yo regular Brazil international who if he was linked to us from another team we'd be going mental over.

Inconsistent last season, but the talent and potential is there, it's easy to say Grealish was what kept us up in 19/20 but Dougie was out best player post lockdown.

We can't have him ending this season with 1yr left on his contract as even with another inconsistent season he's a 25m player all day long with the potential to be a 50m player.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Wouldn’t call it a lapse, it was necessary to take the card to prevent a dangerous attack.

He only had to bring him down as he'd got the wrong side of him.  But fair enough, once he got there it was a "clever" foul to give away considering where they were and the risks if left unchecked. 

Like I said, he's had a decent game otherwise. Looks totally spent now. Can't believe he's been left on.  But Brazil winning so that gold medal not far off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

For someone who thinks themselves as a “playmaker” the ball rarely went through him today 

I don’t think he is a playmaker at all.  It was a bit like watching Carlos Sanchez. If you remember him. He just kind of wandered around and closed down space.

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This thread is **** up shit.

Go back 10 months and this was the guy we were worried about losing to City not the snake who ultimately achieved his desire of leaving. 

Mans just got to Copa America final, winning the Olympic final but apparently isn’t good enough for us. Give your head a wobble and then give him a big contract - duggie will be a champions league midfielder with or without us. 

Well said. Bonkers to me that some don’t think he is good enough for us. But he’s good enough for Brazil!

• Like 1

Â