Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This thread is **** up shit.

Go back 10 months and this was the guy we were worried about losing to City not the snake who ultimately achieved his desire of leaving. 

Mans just got to Copa America final, winning the Olympic final but apparently isn’t good enough for us. Give your head a wobble and then give him a big contract - duggie will be a champions league midfielder with or without us. 

We are all over the moon for Doug and his achievement.

But this " He's a Brazilian International " argument, in an attempt to trump everything else is nauseating.

Wesley is a Brazilian international as well, and most of you don't rate him.

Richarlison too.

Also, if you know anything about Olympic football, it's not necessarily the elite players from all countries who bother with it.

NONE of this changes the arguments people have made. Jesus.

It's about whether he fits the ROLE WE are trying to play him in, and IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

No one has ever said he is a bad player ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you want me to go back through his (and the xfer thread) I can happily find you 10+ individuals who've called him dogshit or worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

If you want me to go back through his (and the xfer thread) I can happily find you 10+ individuals who've called him dogshit or worse. 

Maybe they called him that after dog shit performances for us?

Which he has also had a couple for Brazil by the way, and gotten the same treatment.

Anyway, let's not take away from his positive and celebratory moment/achievement by getting into petty arguments.

Again, congratulations Dougie!

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe they called him that after dog shit performances for us?

Which he has also had a couple for Brazil by the way, and gotten the same treatment.

Anyway, let's not take away from his positive and celebratory moment/achievement by getting into petty arguments.

Again, congratulations Dougie!

Agree, and not arguing. 

Happy for Doug and the lad deserves a **** good break. Hope he gets elbow deep in some snatch in the Caribbean or something. 

Then comes back and kicks on to be a boss for us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Mans just got to Copa America final,

He played for about 65 minutes in the whole tournament. An hour in a dead rubber game at the end of the group, and subbed on for 2-3 minutes to waste time in the semis. People are a bit harsh on him, but let's not act like he's a regular starter for the Brazil team.

Sure he's chuffed to bits today even if it's not a big tournament. You only beat what's in front of you, well done to him.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Agree, and not arguing. 

Happy for Doug and the lad deserves a **** good break. Hope he gets elbow deep in some snatch in the Caribbean or something. 

Then comes back and kicks on to be a boss for us. 

He must be absolutely shattered.

He'll miss at least the first month of the season won't he?

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He must be absolutely shattered.

He'll miss at least the first month of the season won't he?

Good chance for Nakamba to make the spot his, but I am a bit miffed he's going to miss at least a few weeks to recover from a reserves tournament.

• Like 1

Luiz doesn't put in loads of crunching tackles because he's usually so well positioned that he doesn't need to. His play was a big part of the overall stellar Villa defensive record last year. Not a flashy player at all, even though people want him to be seeing as he's Brazilian. He is not without inconsistency, but I think some of that is due to him being overworked. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

I think we should cash in now. Could get a good price for him.

I tend to agree. I like him but it’s all too fleeting. I don’t trust him infront of a back 4. It’s a not a technical ability thing, his ability is what it is at this stage - which is very good btw. He just doesn’t really seem to learn or care from the very casual mistakes he makes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are all over the moon for Doug and his achievement.

But this " He's a Brazilian International " argument, in an attempt to trump everything else is nauseating.

Wesley is a Brazilian international as well, and most of you don't rate him.

Richarlison too.

Also, if you know anything about Olympic football, it's not necessarily the elite players from all countries who bother with it.

NONE of this changes the arguments people have made. Jesus.

It's about whether he fits the ROLE WE are trying to play him in, and IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

No he's not elite for Brazil, no doubt. He has the potential to be, but his form needs to vastly improve from last season. He's capable of that though.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Dougie. Hope it will boost his confidence.

I watched a few of Brazil's matches and felt Douglas was very pedestrian and lacked any sort of cutting edge.  He is still a longway from the form he was in during Project Restart.

Â