Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Man City's buy-back clause on Dougie expires today, so if they don't activate it today he's ours for the foreseeable future.

What’s this based on? I’m seeing it cited regularly as today but have never seen anything official to that effect.

Edit: just said someone says it’s from a Gregg Evans Athletic article. Pinch of salt but hope he’s right as I like DL a lot.

Edited by Adam2003

He was being overrated at the end of last season and the beginning of this one, but only in the sense that a team like Man City wouldn't be interested him, that doesn't make him a bad player, they're a team that can afford and attract the very best, over the course of the season just gone he's become underrated, our defence wouldn't be as good as it's been if Luiz was as bad as some make out.

447661-1501084148.jpg?lm=1

Also just because Man City might not be interested in him doesn't mean to say that other clubs maybe a level or two just below them won't be, he's only got two years left on his current deal as well.

There is a fantastic player in Douglas Luiz as we saw during Project Restart.  To use an American sports analogy he kind of had a "sophomore slump" this season. Hopefully a proper preseason and he will be back to his best in the upcoming season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

What’s this based on? I’m seeing it cited regularly as today but have never seen anything official to that effect.

Edit: just said someone says it’s from a Gregg Evans Athletic article. Pinch of salt but hope he’s right as I like DL a lot.

I've never known an official announcement for this kind of release clause, inverably a date comes out in the press though, which is the best we have to go on. I'm always uneasy with these kind of clauses but it's something that's very common in Spain and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of it in the future.

3 hours ago, useless said:
3 hours ago, useless said:

He was being overrated at the end of last season and the beginning of this one, but only in the sense that a team like Man City wouldn't be interested him, that doesn't make him a bad player, they're a team that can afford and attract the very best, over the course of the season just gone he's become underrated, our defence wouldn't be as good as it's been if Luiz was as bad as some make out.

447661-1501084148.jpg?lm=1

Also just because Man City might not be interested in him doesn't mean to say that other clubs maybe a level or two just below them won't be, he's only got two years left on his current deal as well.

I hope Dougie turns out to be the player some folk profess, he will.

right now, I don't see it in the role that he plays.....I rate him in what I see, not on what, I think he will be.....I sincerely hope, he improves and I can say what I see, again and reappraise him.

The VTers on here have reflected my view in their MOTM ratings over the season, of the regular players Dougie has one of the lowest ratings. and his 3 best scores was in the first 10 games.....He has a bit to do IMO....would I sell him, no, but he has to fight for his place.

This is not a character assassination job, merely an effort to place some perspective on it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....but now and again, it would be nice to explain why.

For me still easily our best midfielder over the course of the season (unless you count grealish). I felt time and time again he was screwed by mcginn and Barkleys lack of tracking back and left to cover 3 men.

Tackles and Interceptions aren't all there is to being a DM. Ball Recoveries is a lot of it. And He is one of the best at just getting to loose balls. He is also very smart about giving away tactical fouls after getting burned by traore against wolves last year.

Very rarely are there multiple options when we come short and I think this has hurt his, Mings and to a lesser extent McGinn and Konsa passing accuracies. We as a team need to provide mroe options. When a player has the ball. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 4

Maybe that's what caused his drop in performance levels after the covid outbreak. Maybe it was the covid outbreak itself. 

From project restart up until the covid outbreak he was our best midfielder. Dougie will kick on again. Maybe we can bring his mate casemiro in lol. 

• Like 1

Â