Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Not sure I believe that. I thought it would be Mings.

Just looked and it looks like Mings 69 of 76 to DL 68 of 76 in the Prem. So you are right. I guess the claim above is because it’s 75-73 to DL over the last two seasons if you factor in the cups.

• Like 1

He's still young as feck and we expect the finished article from him. He's matured well over the last 2 seasons and I don't see why he can't progress more. Careful what you wish for, the likes of Veretout should linger. 

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Didn’t realise he had played more games than anyone else over the last two years. Impressive.

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Just looked and it looks like Mings 69 of 76 to DL 68 of 76 in the Prem. So you are right. I guess the claim above is because it’s 75-73 to DL over the last two seasons if you factor in the cups.

Misleading stat, but ambiguous enough to be correct if we're taking all games played and not just those in the PL. The should have just said over the last two years.

May go to show how much the "Dean prefers McGinn" argument may not be what it appears to be. 

He's got a long way to go, but this lad can really play football and he's got masses of potential if we start using him properly. I know some don't agree, but him, alongside a proper ball winner would be out best double pivot. I think Nakamba is that at the moment,  and would be very happy if our only other signing this season was someone who can play alongside DL in that role.

Watkins

Grealiah Traoré Buendia 

Luiz ¿Bissouma?

....Looks lovely to me. 

Sanson and McGinn can easily swap in for Luiz depending on form/ fitness.  Could also bring one of them in for the Bissouma type if we're expected to be on the front foot or looking to come from behind as we have been many times this season. 

Traoré and Buendia could swap positions. Nakamba is the backup to our new CDM.

Traoré could be dropped for Sanson/McGinn I'd we're looking to be even more defensive.

Then we have the likes of Ramsey and Chuk coming through, so we are well stacked for the middle of the pitch.

Luiz is a key that unlocks all of this flexibility for me. Great player.

Edited by MrBlack

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

May go to show how much the "Dean prefers McGinn" argument may not be what it appears to be. 

McGinn also missed half a season with injury remember. On that subject I can’t recall DL ever missing a game with a niggle which is always a handy attribute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Misleading stat, but ambiguous enough to be correct if we're taking all games played and not just those in the PL. The should have just said over the last two years.

He's got a long way to go, but this lad can really play football and he's got masses of potential if we start using him properly. I know some don't agree, but him, alongside a proper ball winner would be out best double pivot. I think Nakamba is that at the moment,  and would be very happy if our only other signing this season was someone who can play alongside DL in that role.

Watkins

Grealiah Traoré Buendia 

Luiz ¿Bissouma?

....Looks lovely to me. 

Sanson and McGinn can easily swap in for Luiz depending on form/ fitness.  Could also bring one of them in for the Bissouma type if we're expected to be on the front foot or looking to come from behind as we have been many times this season. 

Traoré and Buendia could swap positions. Nakamba is the backup to our new CDM.

Traoré could be dropped for Sanson/McGinn I'd we're looking to be even more defensive.

Then we have the likes of Ramsey and Chuk coming through, so we are well stacked for the middle of the pitch.

Luiz is a key that unlocks all of this flexibility for me. Great player.

My, my, my, Grealiah!
Why, why, why, Grealiah?!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Glad to see the deadline as passed. Had a worry that Pep might come back for him given he's apparently a fan of Douglas. 

I think Pep's a fan of football and a lot of players.  Those players clubs then crap themselves until they dont have to in case Man City come in following those comments.  We have now one of two off our list, Dougie stays and I fully expect Grealish to be here at the start of the season.  I think it's crazy a couple of words from Pep and fans give up on keeping players when generally Pep doesnt buy many players from England as a ratio and i think Man City record buy is 67m.  I'm sick of hearing "Pep likes him, I expect him to gone to Man City", cant it mean he likes the player but has no intention to buy him for whatever reason

Â