Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, useless said:

Pretty sure it's already been established that his English has progressed a great deal, and that was attributed as a big factor in his improvement in form after lockdown. It's probably not easy to understand someone with an heavy accent like John McGinn.

When was it established? Or was it just a connection people made because they were looking for reasons to explain his improvement after lockdown and people never questioned it.

'Smith revealed the Brazilian is now more in tune with his team-mates because he can speak their language. Luiz passed the English exam which was a requirement of his works visa during lockdown. Smith said: “That makes a massive difference, it certainly helped him mixing with the players.'

expressandstar.com

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, useless said:

'Smith revealed the Brazilian is now more in tune with his team-mates because he can speak their language. Luiz passed the English exam which was a requirement of his works visa during lockdown. Smith said: “That makes a massive difference, it certainly helped him mixing with the players.'

expressandstar.com

It certainly makes sense that it all helped with him settling in and with his comms on the pitch

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Hope we get him tied down with a new contract now we know Man City won’t be exercising the buy back. 

It expires tomorrow...does that mean they could stil exercise it tomorrow? Not that I think they will for 1 second, but you might be jumping the gun. 

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It expires tomorrow...does that mean they could stil exercise it tomorrow? Not that I think they will for 1 second, but you might be jumping the gun. 

Yes probably a tad premature, but likelihood is that he’s sticking around!

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Yes probably a tad premature, but likelihood is that he’s sticking around!

Hey, I'm real excited by that prospect ...........

...... okay I'm over it ..... what's for tea ?

Up to Doug how good he wants to be. Seen the highs and the lows now.

Seen him get annoyed at his own teammates (McGinn) when they can't keep up with him and he's carrying the side.

IMO, we've seen him phone it in a bit over the last six months. Looked a bit unsure of himself for some reason.

Palace on Boxing Day I thought he was out of this world and he's not quite got back there.

Big season for him next year, he can't stand still because Aston Villa won't be.

We know Marv can do the business in his limited role, McGinn has seemingly earned the manager's unwavering trust and Sanson has Champions League pedigree and will be like a new signing next season.

I think he'll lift it again and I'm looking forward to it.

Be interesting to see how not having a potential City/Guardiola move affects him next season. He's always looked committed so I've no reason to believe he wouldn't continue to be - but it must've been in the back of his mind a bit - I wonder how much it motivated him?

I suppose there's a World Cup to get ready for!

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Be interesting to see how not having a potential City/Guardiola move affects him next season. He's always looked committed so I've no reason to believe he wouldn't continue to be - but it must've been in the back of his mind a bit - I wonder how much it motivated him?

I suppose there's a World Cup to get ready for!

I think being settled and knowing his full time home is here might actually benefit him.

• Like 3

Â