Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think the reason he didn't make some killer balls is because everyone ahead of him was so static.

He looked very composed and seemed do the best he could with the limited or no movement that was ahead of him.

Played well I thought.

(For man City fans - he was gash)

Yeah, I was being hyper critical of him to expect him to be the match winner, when there were XI of them on the pitch. 

He has set himself high standards, like Jack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah, I was being hyper critical of him to expect him to be the match winner, when there were XI of them on the pitch. 

He has set himself high standards, like Jack. 

He very much has and we will be looking and depending in him to carry that into this season.

I believe he will.

• Like 1

I honestly think we're watching a future all-time great here. He makes the game look so easy.

He has that thing, which I love in a footballer, where he has loads of tricks in his locker, but he mostly uses them when they make sense. He isn't just showboating.

I've no doubt that Jack loves playing with Douglas. It's that Xavi + Iniesta linkup. The passer who can dribble and the dribbler who can pass. I think we can build a really special team around these two.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I honestly think we're watching a future all-time great here. He makes the game look so easy.

He has that thing, which I love in a footballer, where he has loads of tricks in his locker, but he mostly uses them when they make sense. He isn't just showboating.

I've no doubt that Jack loves playing with Douglas. It's that Xavi + Iniesta linkup. The passer who can dribble and the dribbler who can pass. I think we can build a really special team around these two.

Completely agree.  I just hope we can get that new contract done and somehow remove the buyback.  Not sure what happens with a buy back if the player doesn't want to go back??  Maybe, the Manchester rain will convince him to stay?

I think a midfield three of Dougie L - SJM - Jack could be really exciting, especially if we can get the pacey attacking three of Traore - Olly - Rashica/Benrhama in front of them.  That is as good as anybody outside of the top 6 imho and probably competes with 4 of the 6?

On 21/09/2020 at 21:44, villalad21 said:

It's just seriously bugging me.

Feel like he isn't truly ours.

Guardiola is probably gone at the end of this season anyway if they don't win the CL which is likely - Liverpool or Bayern most likely imo. Which means that there is a good chance city won't want to buy Dougie if they can get a guaranteed 10 million from us for him. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Gabby had a point! (Compared Jack to Iniesta).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Completely agree.  I just hope we can get that new contract done and somehow remove the buyback.  Not sure what happens with a buy back if the player doesn't want to go back??  Maybe, the Manchester rain will convince him to stay?

I think a midfield three of Dougie L - SJM - Jack could be really exciting, especially if we can get the pacey attacking three of Traore - Olly - Rashica/Benrhama in front of them.  That is as good as anybody outside of the top 6 imho and probably competes with 4 of the 6?

It could be any number of things really. He may have to go back on equal terms on what he’s on at villa, or it may just be the clubs have agreed the buy back fee but nothing with the player. I don’t think it’d be difficult for a club like City to have the player, his agent and the club all by the bollocks. 

20 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Wasn't great today, will he get a ban for that stamp?

I'm not sure what the criteria is for it to be reviewed, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 match ban for violent conduct. 

Â