Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I'm still a bit worried about Abu Dhabi FC activating the buy back clause on the last day of the window, then we are in big trouble.

But they wouldn't do that would they? I mean it would case so much bad blood and be held against them in future dealings with other clubs.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm still a bit worried about Abu Dhabi FC activating the buy back clause on the last day of the window, then we are in big trouble.

But they wouldn't do that would they? I mean it would case so much bad blood and be held against them in furure dealings with other clubs.

It just doesn't make any sense.  Activating the clause doesn't automatically transfer Douglas back to City. They would still have to negotiate salary terms and what not. We will know well in advance when and/or if City activate the clause. 

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

For the 38437th time the only way we eradicate the buy back clause is if we buy it out. The other way is the original expiration date that was set between us and city. 

Can anyone clarify this for me? And I don't mean like butter.

We don't know. Probably. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

But they wouldn't do that would they? I mean it would case so much bad blood and be held against them in furure dealings with other clubs.

Yeah I doubt they would do that, for the reasons you say and his own development. Unless they have a massive injury crisis and think it a quick and easy fix. 

The new contract is aimed primarily at warding off other potential suitors, I think. 

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Who's ty bracey?

A Villa fan that posts a lot on Twitter, I think he makes some music too but I’ve never listened to any of it. I had a look through the welcome page for new posters on here last week, noticed he’s registered an account so may be lurking somewhere here. 

I’m very pleased for Douglas-Luiz, looks like he’s found his feet now at Villa. Long may it continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just looking at the Brazil squad and they've only named 6 midfielders....him, Casemiro, Fabinho, Everton Riberio (31 year old from Flamengo who has 6 caps), Coutinho and Bruno Guimares from Lyon who is uncapped and is in similar stage of his career to Doug.

No chance of playing as DM but looks like there's a good chance he'll be starting for them as box to box midfielder he was playing for us for spells of last season so will certainly be watching their games v Bolivia and Peru to see how he gets on.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just looking at the Brazil squad and they've only named 6 midfielders....him, Casemiro, Fabinho, Everton Riberio (31 year old from Flamengo who has 6 caps), Coutinho and Bruno Guimares from Lyon who is uncapped and is in similar stage of his career to Doug.

No chance of playing as DM but looks like there's a good chance he'll be starting for them as box to box midfielder he was playing for us for spells of last season so will certainly be watching their games v Bolivia and Peru to see how he gets on.

I'm really interested seeing how he does in a box to box role.

He got all the attributes to do well there.

On 18/09/2020 at 19:47, Keener window-cleaner said:

But they wouldn't do that would they? I mean it would case so much bad blood and be held against them in future dealings with other clubs.

They won't do this because they can't play him this season as he won't get a permit for them. They would have done it already if they had a buyer after him that they could then sell on to, but doing it last minute this window will not happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

A Villa fan that posts a lot on Twitter, I think he makes some music too but I’ve never listened to any of it. I had a look through the welcome page for new posters on here last week, noticed he’s registered an account so may be lurking somewhere here. 

I’m very pleased for Douglas-Luiz, looks like he’s found his feet now at Villa. Long may it continue.

I don’t think he does music. You’re thinking of that Villa dance music guy with the Jimmy Hill chin.

Ty Bracey was the Villa fan that called up Benteke’s agent pretending to be Brendan Rodgers back when we had Benteke, which went viral.

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t think he does music. You’re thinking of that Villa dance music guy with the Jimmy Hill chin.

Ty Bracey was the Villa fan that called up Benteke’s agent pretending to be Brendan Rodgers back when we had Benteke, which went viral.

Yeah he did that too, seems to be a bit of an attention seeking fool tbf. I do think he produces music though, not that it matters or I really care. 

• Like 1

Â