Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don't know if anyone noticed but he had a swag about him yesterday. It's like he knew he's good, was playing with his co** hanging out and he was waving it about telling everyone I'm the man. 

Class.

A lad down the road from where I live did that poor bugger got 6 months

• Haha 4

Something happened during lockdown that totally changed his confidence, the way he's playing at the moment he's basically first on the teamsheet.

Its looking good that the spine of our team are also first on the team sheet, Mings/Luiz/Grealish/Watkins closely followed by McGinn and Konsa. We're finally getting some stability even with these signings that are coming.

• Like 1

We saw him get a couple of goals last season. I’d like to think he could get 5-8 this year, as he grows in confidence. 

In no way disrespecting what McGinn brings to us, I’d love to see him next to a box to box player like Nabby Keita (as an example) with Jack in attacking central role ahead of him.

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Something happened during lockdown that totally changed his confidence, the way he's playing at the moment he's basically first on the teamsheet.

He used it to improve his English and his confidence has improved rapidly

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This has always been an issue on VT.

Centre Back who's good on the ball? Move him to midfield

Right back who can attack? Make him a winger

Winger who can score goals? Make him a striker

I know players can occasionally move positions. But usually if a player is playing well in a position, there's a reason for it

And then, when a manager plays someone out of position they complain about him trying to put a round peg in a square hole. Douglas Luiz is a DM, and that's it.

He and Grealish and maybe McGinn can be a hell of a midfield.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This has always been an issue on VT.

Centre Back who's good on the ball? Move him to midfield

Right back who can attack? Make him a winger

Winger who can score goals? Make him a striker

I know players can occasionally move positions. But usually if a player is playing well in a position, there's a reason for it

Mate I largely agree but most peops witn an ounce of footballing intelligence could see the talent with Dougie and how he was propably second to none to Jack re talent.

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Mate I largely agree but most peops witn an ounce of footballing intelligence could see the talent with Dougie and how he was propably second to none to Jack re talent.

Yeah he’s very talented. In the position he plays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rayk said:

I have to agree with this. You could see he had bags of talent from his first few minutes v Spurs. Some players just have something about them and he was one of them. That’s why I was so surprised he got written off throughout the season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Agree. The new DM would have to be good enough to replace Luiz at that position. The Box to Box only has to be better than Hourihane. 

I'm not even sure we can afford a DM better than Douglas at the moment. 

We can't. There can only be a handful better than him in world football, and we ain't getting that lucky twice. 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he’s very talented. In the position he plays.

I think he should remain a no.6 for this season and we should plan the team around that. He could certainly do a job to a high standard as a no.8/10, but why mess with him? You've only just got him going. 

Some people just want to watch the world burn.gif

• Like 4

Â