Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Congrats Dougie!

Whilst totally deserved that does hinder our hopes of keeping him next season... if he plays for Brazil it is one less blockage to his work permit. Still, maybe we can persuade him to stay even if City come back with their millions.

Edited by MrBlack

Of course but rewarding him a new deal you would assume would include liaising with City to take the clause out by paying them Xmillion. If they refuse then we are just going to be paying him extra for a year when we dont need to.

I suppose he deserves it and it could act as good will for future if we do face outside competition to keep hold of him next season (ie. someone offers City a deal to buy him back just to sell again)

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Something is telling me that the buy back clause is in the contract between Villa and City rather than Dougie and Villa. 

Any way we could clear this up, you're the first person to bring this up

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Haha 1

For the 38437th time the only way we eradicate the buy back clause is if we buy it out. The other way is the original expiration date that was set between us and city. 

Can anyone clarify this for me? And I don't mean like butter.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

For the 38437th time the only way we eradicate the buy back clause is if we buy it out. The other way is the original expiration date that was set between us and city. 

Can anyone clarify this for me? And I don't mean like butter.

When does the clause expire....

Dance Bro GIF

• Haha 2

Â