Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Tried to get in on the goal action at 2 nil and we lost our shape because of it.

He needs to stay disciplined and stay in position as they walked through us several times due to lack of shape.

Not his worst game but below the standard he needs to be showing and needs to focus.

• Like 1

Luiz was effective but he did give the ball away a couple of times tonight and committed himself too soon for their goal.

Thought he was going to lose the plot at one point too in the second half as having already booked he was smart to avoid a confrontation.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has got some random bizarre MMA type tackles in him.

I'm always scared to death he will be sent off ffs.

Almost like mad rushes of blood.

The kid grew up in the favelas. I don’t think you can coach some of that mentality out of someone in a lifetime. There will be red cards for sure. But he is quality.

• Like 2

Got right in Van Dyke's face in the second half after some minor thing. 

That's what I like to see. 

I really didn't notice him in the game much - but given the freedom Barkley had - you know he's got it covered. 

Edited by ozvillafan
Stupid autocorrect

I actually thought he was our worst performer on the night, but we now have a level of talent in this team that we can absorb substandard performances. Not terrible at all tonight, just not at his sharpest. Players still getting used to each other out there, which makes this performance and result all the more sensational.

We forced both Fulham and Liverpool into wider areas by design, almost forfeiting the flanks in order to cut off the passing lanes through the middle. As a result the game either takes place in front of him or to the side, so there's not an awful lot for him to do except the off the ball stuff, that it's hard to see when watching via the screen.

He dominated the centre of the park against Sheffield United, he was the heartbeat of the side when we needed him to be.

He will have more standout days, but I think we underestimate the importance of a player who gets where to be and how to get there, on a pitch. He's like a Brazilian Michael Carrick. 

• Like 1

Â