Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

This is just the norm for Luiz now. Top player.

Unless City decide they want to activate the buy back clause they have, we absolutely must keep Luiz at all costs. We don't have to sell every single one of our decent players. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If only he learnt English sooner he'd have been balling all season. Next time lets not make this mistake, buy an entire team of Brazilians please.

Wesley though...  🤢

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

This is just the norm for Luiz now. Top player.

Best player on the pitch by far for every game since the restart ..... very, very impressed and he'll only get better. Would rather lose Grealish than Luiz at the moment !!!

• Like 1

I'd say he is one of the best players we've had in many years and one of our best signings in a long time. And we shouldn't forget the top class goals he scored in the beginning of the season, as a defensive midfielder!

He was 21 when he arrived, new to the league, new to the country, didn't speak the language, of course it would take him some time to settle.

Absolute gem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think there will be more interest for him than Grealish at for the fee and his stage of development. Not beyond the realms that someone comes in with a 35m plus for him.. Gonna be worth serious money in 2 years. Now his strength is getting better he's doing the bullying. I love watching him. Probably the only individual other than Grealish to improve this season. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Can City block him moving anywhere else while the buyback clause is active or do they just get first refusal?

The only way they can block it is by buying him back 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only way they can block it is by buying him back 

Yep, if we agree a transfer lower than the buy back then city can match it but other than that shouldn’t be any contractual block on it

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What if I told you Wesley could be the same 

loop explain GIF

People forget Wesley started playing at 14/15. He would have been on 12/14 goals by now. We would have been safe if he didn't get injured. (Assaulted).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Can City block him moving anywhere else while the buyback clause is active or do they just get first refusal?

Apparently it's an obligation to match but with first refusal sort of thing. This is from what I've heard. I think there's a minimum amount of no less than what we paid plus a percentage profit. I don't know what percentage. City definitely have first refusal though.

Edited by Sulberto21

4 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Best player on the pitch by far for every game since the restart ..... very, very impressed and he'll only get better. Would rather lose Grealish than Luiz at the moment !!!

That's essentially what I came here to say as well. Grealish is a luxury player in a sense; he suits a team where he doesn't have to be the most consistent or reliable performer. Luiz has shown since the restart that he can be the type of player you build around.

• Like 1

Â