Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Presumably he's got three years left on his deal.

We don't need money and will be receiving a chunky sum for Jacko this summer.

I've got him pegged very much in the Veretout spot as a guy who will be excellent if we go down.

A midfield containing him and McGinn can do plenty of the game control to allow Hourihane 20 goals next season.

Depends what City's transfer plans are, don't put it past them bringing him back. He could go and sit in that team no problem. As good as, if not better than Gundogan right now.

He's ready performed much better for us than veretout. Veretout looked like he might have been good. Luiz already looks the deal (granted, only after lockdown, but Veretout wasn't scoring those worldies. 

I rate Luiz way more highly than veretout 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WooJung said:

He's ready performed much better for us than veretout. Veretout looked like he might have been good. Luiz already looks the deal (granted, only after lockdown, but Veretout wasn't scoring those worldies. 

I rate Luiz way more highly than veretout 

Veretout has shown since he left us just how good he is. Luiz may be as good eventually, but not yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

He seems to be playing the Woods role in the Brentford system that Smith deployed. Has been something Smith hasn't been able to get right since he got here. Whelan, Hourihane and Nakamba have been tried and not been able to do it consistently 

Yep I think it’s the one position and character Smith has been crying out for. That’s why for me he got Carroll on loan and why he got Drinkwater on loan. He’d gambled on Luis doing that since the start of the summer. 
Credit to Luiz he’s obviously worked on his game and English during lockdown. He’s also got more awareness (I’m guessing again this comes with learning the language). He’ll be a very good player in a few years time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I never thought Veretout would cope with the pace in England. 

He'd have been fine if we had an actual football manager instead of Tim Sherwood.

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'd have been fine if we had an actual football manager instead of Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood was his manager for around 2-3 months. Majority of time it was Garde. Can’t really blame Sherwood for Veretout being out of shape.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 11:11, nick76 said:

Whose going to pay 15m for Luiz, the fee he cost us? We aren’t selling at a loss that’s for sure.

Plenty of clubs would pay more than 15m

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Plenty of clubs would pay more than 15m

Are you sure? Most on here before lockdown thought Luiz had potential but was largely disappointing this season.  Only since lockdown has he played better.  Big clubs won’t touch him because of the former and small clubs won’t risk such a big fee because of the former when there are other options out there.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure? Most on here before lockdown thought Luiz had potential but was largely disappointing this season.  Only since lockdown has he played better.  Big clubs won’t touch him because of the former and small clubs won’t risk such a big fee because of the former when there are other options out there.

Yeah. Scouts see more than what people on here see. You could always see a good player in there.

We will need him out there tomorrow to continue causing opposition agro and cut them balls out, he needs to continue on being the best out there or striving to be.

Now imagine if McGinn and Grealish could put a performance in against Liverpool while Luiz can, we stand half a chance of winning against them.

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah. Scouts see more than what people on here see. You could always see a good player in there.

in glimpses, this is first time he has shown any consistency. Before he looked a talent but a bit positionally headless

These scouts were any good they would have also recommended signing him for 15 million when we did ;) 

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Presumably he's got three years left on his deal.

We don't need money and will be receiving a chunky sum for Jacko this summer.

I've got him pegged very much in the Veretout spot as a guy who will be excellent if we go down.

A midfield containing him and McGinn can do plenty of the game control to allow Hourihane 20 goals next season.

Depends what City's transfer plans are, don't put it past them bringing him back. He could go and sit in that team no problem. As good as, if not better than Gundogan right now.

😲

I don't see any risk of him returning to city. Hes had some good performances recently but I'd be really shocked to lose him this summer. It would take a decent bid and I just do not think the overall performances warrant anyone doing that.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Surprised his thread hasn't been bumped, he was superb again. Really hope we stay up so we can see this lad push up to the next level.

For me probably our best player. Put in a huge shift again.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Surprised his thread hasn't been bumped, he was superb again. Really hope we stay up so we can see this lad push up to the next level.

He'll be going to the next level regardless of when we go down. There was a little moment when Firminho came on they shook hands his teammates will be looking out for another club. So Luiz will find another premier League club or a top 6 Spanish club. However we should insist on a loan away as that will be the best chance of him staying under contract to us. We then need to be promoted first time and he still comes back.

Â