Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Are you drunk?

Him not replacing Fernandinho doesn't mean he won't go to Man City.

Excellent back up for Rodri if anything. Even so he'll have plenty of offers from other clubs.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Are you drunk?

Him not replacing Fernandinho doesn't mean he won't go to Man City.

Excellent back up for Rodri if anything. Even so he'll have plenty of offers from other clubs.

Whose going to pay 15m for Luiz, the fee he cost us? We aren’t selling at a loss that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Whose going to pay 15m for Luiz, the fee he cost us? We aren’t selling at a loss that’s for sure.

15m is nothing.

Luiz will definitely go in the summer but Nakamba, Hourihane should still be decent for us in the Championship.

I can see McGinn leaving too so we need strengthening in midfield.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He is had 4 decent above average games. There are levels and he has billion miles away from City' bench.

Weren't you the fella saying we were going to lose Samatta after he scored against Bournemouth?

Don't think a 21 year old Brazilian International will have a shortage of offers.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think a 21 year old Brazilian International will have a shortage of offers.

I assume you be expecting our 23 year old Brazilian international to have a lot of offers as well?

• Haha 2

Since the Lockdown, he has been the player, I though we had bought.

Very impressed, his movement has gone up a gear....great to see.

• Like 2

15m is nothing.

Luiz will definitely go in the summer but Nakamba, Hourihane should still be decent for us in the Championship.

I think McGinn has become more of a gamble to any suitors.....He has come up with a sustained run of flat performances, pre lockdown and since.

I am not sure what I think with regards to McGinn......just hoping his form returns post Injury.

He seems to be playing the Woods role in the Brentford system that Smith deployed. Has been something Smith hasn't been able to get right since he got here. Whelan, Hourihane and Nakamba have been tried and not been able to do it consistently 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He seems to be playing the Woods role in the Brentford system that Smith deployed. Has been something Smith hasn't been able to get right since he got here. Whelan, Hourihane and Nakamba have been tried and not been able to do it consistently 

But just look at those players and there's the answer. 

Luiz is playing really well but there's a touch of the shop window about it

The same lot banging on about how we won’t be able to keep him were probably adamant Jack was leaving last season and that Tammy was leaving in January.  I bet they talked about Mitrovic leaving Fulham too.

Unless City come in for him or we get a reasonable offer. He ain’t going anywhere. Why would we sell our best players when we want to come straight back up? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

15m is nothing.

Hourihane wasn’t good enough last year and we finished 5th. I’d be disappointed if Nakamba was still here next year too 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hourihane wasn’t good enough last year and we finished 5th. I’d be disappointed if Nakamba was still here next year too 

Have you stopped calling him marvelous ? 

Have you stopped calling him marvelous ? 

Yes, renamed him......Minging.

just kidding don't like slagging off players....presumably they do their best.

20 hours ago, TRO said:

I think McGinn has become more of a gamble to any suitors.....He has come up with a sustained run of flat performances, pre lockdown and since.

I am not sure what I think with regards to McGinn......just hoping his form returns post Injury.

Yes I don't think anybody is going to pay big money for MgGinn given his performances after that injury

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Since the Lockdown, he has been the player, I though we had bought.

Very impressed, his movement has gone up a gear....great to see.

Penny has dropped.

Probably been drummed into him that his position isn't about fancy flicks and pinging the ball about. He has an edge about him now, works hard, tracks runners, gets his foot in.
It is all very basic but combined with his undoubted ability on the ball it will make him a far better player. Man City quality I doubt but he has been an absolute luxury for most the season and not in a good way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Penny has dropped.

Probably been drummed into him that his position isn't about fancy flicks and pinging the ball about. He has an edge about him now, works hard, tracks runners, gets his foot in.
It is all very basic but combined with his undoubted ability on the ball it will make him a far better player. Man City quality I doubt but he has been an absolute luxury for most the season and not in a good way.

Regarding your first line of your first paragraph....

.... thats what marshmellow football brings.....i think the penny has dropped.

Presumably he's got three years left on his deal.

We don't need money and will be receiving a chunky sum for Jacko this summer.

I've got him pegged very much in the Veretout spot as a guy who will be excellent if we go down.

A midfield containing him and McGinn can do plenty of the game control to allow Hourihane 20 goals next season.

Depends what City's transfer plans are, don't put it past them bringing him back. He could go and sit in that team no problem. As good as, if not better than Gundogan right now.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â