Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Pep will trigger the buy back clause i have no doubt about that. Has become a full Brazilian international since being at Villa, shown his quality consistently lately. Technically superb, think we may have got another year from him if we stayed up but no chance he plays championship football.

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Pep will trigger the buy back clause i have no doubt about that. Has become a full Brazilian international since being at Villa, shown his quality consistently lately. Technically superb, think we may have got another year from him if we stayed up but no chance he plays championship football.

If Man City are in for him he is leaving regardless if we stay up or go down.

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Will they get a WP for him now? I don't understand how it all works.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Yeah they will. He has already played in England so it pretty much guarantees it. 

I thought it was more to do with the value of the player against the squad and international caps? He was a high value player to us hence we could get a WP. He'd be a very low value player amongst that squad in terms of cost. Does playing in England affect it?

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Man City are in for him he is leaving regardless if we stay up or go down.

He’s technically their player still. 

If we stayed up, the buy back clause was active for 2 seasons, Pep might have allowed him to stay another year if he wasnt needed. Think they will want him back at end of this year though with Fernandinho and Silva coming to the end.

Come on Luiz today keep up your excellent bit of form, we need you. Think the bloke deserves a goal or two if he can put in a job on UTD.

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah they will. He has already played in England so it pretty much guarantees it. 

If you haven't played a certain amount of international games you need to get a work based on salary and wages per team. Its why Wesley cost 22 million so could get a work permit

City would need to pay big money and give him a sizeable pay rise to get a work permit

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s technically their player still. 

If we stayed up, the buy back clause was active for 2 seasons, Pep might have allowed him to stay another year if he wasnt needed. Think they will want him back at end of this year though with Fernandinho and Silva coming to the end.

No he isnt, notva loan deal. If City activate the clause Luiz doesn't have to return if he doesn't want to

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If you haven't played a certain amount of international games you need to get a work based on salary and wages per team. Its why Wesley cost 22 million so could get a work permit

City would need to pay big money and give him a sizeable pay rise to get a work permit

This is what I thought, so it's unlikely he will get a WP for them based on current knowledge.

24 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Will they get a WP for him now? I don't understand how it all works.

nope. not enough intl caps and not a big enough fee vs city's record fee. they could still buy him back, but they'll have to loan him out straight away

i heard the buy back fee increased year on year, so they might get him now whilst it's still only 25m

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nope. not enough intl caps and not a big enough fee vs city's record fee. they could still buy him back, but they'll have to loan him out straight away

i heard the buy back fee increased year on year, so they might get him now whilst it's still only 25m

If we sell him to another team, city would lose the buy back deal? I don't think city would want that to happen. Perhaps Luiz himself wouldn't want that to happen. I think he's ambitious enough to think he may get in the city side if he stays in England and earns his corn for another year.

5 games ago he was getting rubbished after every game. Now people think that Man City will be forking out close to £30m for him. I think it will take more than a good 5 game run to get them overly excited with their squad and spending power. Perhaps if he carries on and we stay up they might, but they’ve got another year to keep an eye on him and let’s face it they won’t be diving down the back of the sofa even if they decided to buy him in 2 or 3 years time. Unless by then we are heading for the Champions League final and closing in on another domestic treble. Then we’ll be playing hard ball!

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

If we sell him to another team, city would lose the buy back deal? I don't think city would want that to happen. Perhaps Luiz himself wouldn't want that to happen. I think he's ambitious enough to think he may get in the city side if he stays in England and earns his corn for another year.

Yeah but why would he want to play a season in The Championship when he's proving he's a good PL player?

Â