Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

56 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

5 games ago he was getting rubbished after every game. Now people think that Man City will be forking out close to £30m for him. I think it will take more than a good 5 game run to get them overly excited with their squad and spending power. Perhaps if he carries on and we stay up they might, but they’ve got another year to keep an eye on him and let’s face it they won’t be diving down the back of the sofa even if they decided to buy him in 2 or 3 years time. Unless by then we are heading for the Champions League final and closing in on another domestic treble. Then we’ll be playing hard ball!

Getting rubbished after every game by people who don't know football

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

If we sell him to another team, city would lose the buy back deal? I don't think city would want that to happen. Perhaps Luiz himself wouldn't want that to happen. I think he's ambitious enough to think he may get in the city side if he stays in England and earns his corn for another year.

yes the buy back deal only applies to us. similar to when we sold adama to boro, barca could have had him off us for 12m but they didnt bother. they probably regret that now

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

nope. not enough intl caps and not a big enough fee vs city's record fee. they could still buy him back, but they'll have to loan him out straight away

i heard the buy back fee increased year on year, so they might get him now whilst it's still only 25m

Their record fee is only 60 million for rodri. If they pay 30-40 mil for Luiz that should be enough no? 

41 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yes the buy back deal only applies to us. similar to when we sold adama to boro, barca could have had him off us for 12m but they didnt bother. they probably regret that now

Not convinced Adama would be wanted at Barca tbh. He's not their style of player.

Edited by Tom13

City probably already have the next wonderkid lined up to replace him.

I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced they want him. lol

Clubs like them, Real Madrid etc operate at a different level.

Just because he is "amazing" to us doesn't mean they see it the same way,

• Like 1

Did a look alike player come back  from Brazil after lockdown instead of Luiz ? The change has been staggering  ... he’s been our only midfielder to emerge with any credit since lockdown ,  If only he’d played like this all season .... 

I still don’t think he will leave. I may be wrong but he doesn’t seem the kind of player to jump ship after relegation. He seems to actually give a shit about the club.  Plus he’s sill a kid very much learning his games. He will be the heart of our midfield next season. 

This is the one player that we must do absolutely everything possible to keep hold of this summer. There's no doubt in my mind that this bloke is gonna be a superstar. 

• Like 1

Â