Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the event of Jack going, make him feel loved and wanted, make him a "BIG player" here.

Convince him we want him to be an integral part of our future.

He is an Adama. We are a stepping stone. Realistically he doesn't want to be part of our  future long term. Ideally we stayed up and he gets 2 years of PL football before moving on.

Now we look to be going down he will definitely be off.

City or a big club no chance but maybe a Valencia or a Villareal.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He is an Adama. We are a stepping stone. Realistically he doesn't want to be part of our  future long term. Ideally we stayed up and he gets 2 years of PL football before moving on.

Had we stayed up and with the noises coming from our owners I believe we could have built around him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is an Adama. We are a stepping stone.

Yep.

That what i'm thinking. Made the Brazilian national team squad this season he won't risk that by playing Championship football.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is an Adama. We are a stepping stone. 

bit revisionist on adama

the year before us he'd been poor in an absolute dog shit barca B team that were comfortably relegated from the segunda

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

bit revisionist on adama

the year before us he'd been poor in an absolute dog shit barca B team that were comfortably relegated from the segunda

And went from us to high flying middlesboro. 😂😂

On Douglas Luiz, I think he has very mature footballing brain and reads the game well. Is composed on the ball and can pick a pass. Certainly one of our better players, needs to find consistency though.

Best i've seen him play for us yesterday, he and McGinn were just unlucky that Liverpool were able to bring on a fresh Henderson and Wyjnaldum who turned the game back around. I do fear that if we go down he may not stick around, he's only really just starting to truly show he can do it at this level but i think someone that has been at Man City and captain of the Brazil U23's (? i think) will probably consider the championship as beneath them.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I get what you are saying mate.

However look at it like this.

If our owners are ambitious as they say. There is nothing to say, with a settled team, and at the risk of upsetting a few, an "A list" manager plus a few signings of intent that we can't convince a few we are worth hanging about with.

Que the Newcastle take over going through, he is probably the type they would be going for to bein with ffs. (Thought just crossed my mind as i was typing)

I think that’s a speech from someone who:

a) sees himself as a natural leader and is developing into that at Villa

b) considers himself a professional person 

c) has moral and religious scruples about duplicity

d) knows he does not want to play in the championship but needs to focus on the task at hand

I can see a pretty big team coming in for him based on his post-lockdown performances alone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Making the right noises Dougie

Also he is never gonna say he will leave if we get relegated in the public.

I will be over the moon if he stays if/when we are relegated. He will then easily turn into my favorite player.

I still think the best way to keep him is by allowing him to leave on loan for a season and if we're promoted bring him back. An even better way is to win all 5 remaining games somehow. 

Of course if our owners are as hard-nosed as they were with Grealish my above comments are null and void regardless of the division we're in.

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We could stay up and keep all 3 of them and build a team around them

That's obviously the goal, but I was thinking more of it from an either/or perspective. 

Â