Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No way is Luiz playing in the Championship, enjoy him while you can folks.

I have to agree. i can see quite a few clubs being interested in him.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I have to agree. i can see quite a few clubs being interested in him.

Whilst I agree, he is young and there is small chance he may stay for 1 season if he believed we were coming back up. It would also be good for him to play as much as he would get played if we go down.

Who am I kidding 😭

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Whilst I agree, he is young and there is small chance he may stay for 1 season if he believed we were coming back up. It would also be good for him to play as much as he would get played if we go down.

Who am I kidding 😭

You raise a very valid point. He would get to play every week in the championship  based on his form right now. He will need to be careful which team he picks if he decides to move. Could end up as the back-up if he is not careful.

I don't think we should go overboard with how good he is, he's been playing well since the restart, but that's only six games, he might decide that he doesn't want to play in the championship, but I don't think he's that good that a relegated team wouldn't stand a chance of keeping him, Mitrovic had a better season for Fulham last season and would have been more in demand than Luiz is likely to be, and they managed to keep him. I don't think him staying can be ruled out.

Edited by useless

Man City will buy him back from us this Summer. Almost guaranteed.

He's looked fantastic since the restart and will slot into the deep role for City nicely as planned by Pep.

There's no chance he will be playing Championship football next season.

Its just really disappointing that it's taken three quarters of the season to see what this kid can do,  knowing he'll most likely be on his bike as soon as the season is done. 

Maybe he'll realise this and give us a 2nd season but it's unlikely. 

• Like 1

Man City can buy pretty much who they want, and will finish the season twenty odd points behind Liverpool, they will want get back on track next season and bring in the very best to help them achieve that, they aren't going to be messing about with a player that over the season has been average at best for a team that will have probably been relegated, he's shown nowhere near enough that he's good enough for their team.

Mitrovic had a better season by some distance, he was Fulham's best player throughout the whole season, go back a few pages in this thread and it's full of posts moaning about how useless Luiz has been. He's been good for six games since the return but that doesn't suddenly mean he's had a better season for us than Mitrovic had for Fulham last season.

Edited by useless

City have Hernandez and Luiz won’t be getting in front of him anytime soon.

There is probably still a clause with his work permit for the amount of games he needs to play next season as well, and he can’t do this at City. He’s far from the finished article and another 50 games in the physical Championship will make him a better player.

McGinn needs to be made captain, but I’m not willing to write off Luiz not giving us another 12 months to bounce back to the PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

There is probably still a clause with his work permit for the amount of games he needs to play next season as well, and he can’t do this at City. He’s far from the finished article and another 50 games in the physical Championship will make him a better player.

McGinn needs to be made captain, but I’m not willing to write off Luiz not giving us another 12 months to bounce back to the PL.

Thankfully with Gundogan and Rodri being on the books at City the ship has well and truly sailed for Luiz being the direct understudy to replace Fernandinho, which I researched a bit by listening to the accounts of City fans who followed and scouted Luiz with the view to understand his potential but also Pep's plans for him. I'm quite confident that was the intended plan for Luiz, his purchase price was irrelevant. Now with the likes of Bernardo Silva, Foden, Sterling, KDB, Mahrez, Rodri, Gundogan and Jesus all needing to get regular game time, and that's leaving out players like David Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho too, there's not really going to be the game time Luiz will need. Gundogan is only 29 and Rodri has a decade left if he stays healthy.

Big win in my book. Doubt he'll go back to Girona to play in the Spanish 2nd tier, and surely he relishes the opportunity to be part of what's supposed to be an ambitious plot to ascend Villa and establish us as a force to be reckoned with in the top flight. If I'm honest I don't think Grealish is above another season in the Championship. Not because he owes it to us, rather because it's the ultimate challenge and test of realising his boyhood dreams, only we can offer him that. He'll always be wealthy unless he is reckless. Getting rid of our best assets, our best and brightest personnel, saw us go from consecutive top 6 finishes to relegation candidate within two years, but I guess this is a post for another thread.

I'd be chuffed if we were to keep Luiz next season, regardless of the division. I think he'll go on to excel, as I always have.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Thankfully with Gundogan and Rodri being on the books at City the ship has well and truly sailed for Luiz being the direct understudy to replace Fernandinho, which I researched a bit by listening to the accounts of City fans who followed and scouted Luiz with the view to understand his potential but also Pep's plans for him. I'm quite confident that was the intended plan for Luiz, his purchase price was irrelevant. Now with the likes of Bernardo Silva, Foden, Sterling, KDB, Mahrez, Rodri, Gundogan and Jesus all needing to get regular game time, and that's leaving out players like David Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho too, there's not really going to be the game time Luiz will need. Gundogan is only 29 and Rodri has a decade left if he stays healthy.

Big win in my book. Doubt he'll go back to Girona to play in the Spanish 2nd tier, and surely he relishes the opportunity to be part of what's supposed to be an ambitious plot to ascend Villa and establish us as a force to be reckoned with in the top flight. If I'm honest I don't think Grealish is above another season in the Championship. Not because he owes it to us, rather because it's the ultimate challenge and test of realising his boyhood dreams, only we can offer him that. He'll always be wealthy unless he is reckless. Getting rid of our best assets, our best and brightest personnel, saw us go from consecutive top 6 finishes to relegation candidate within two years, but I guess this is a post for another thread.

I'd be chuffed if we were to keep Luiz next season, regardless of the division. I think he'll go on to excel, as I always have.

Agree. Luiz could be player of the year in the championship and will be a better player for it, age is on his side. I can’t speak for Grealish obviously, but a lot of people say he has to move to win silverware etc. Being someone who has followed the club since I was 5 years old in Australia, If I was playing for Villa I would find it very difficult to leave and my heart would overrule my head. It would be smart for him to leave for a bigger club, but personally I would get a lot of satisfaction from making Villa a big club again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Agree. Luiz could be player of the year in the championship and will be a better player for it, age is on his side. I can’t speak for Grealish obviously, but a lot of people say he has to move to win silverware etc. Being someone who has followed the club since I was 5 years old in Australia, If I was playing for Villa I would find it very difficult to leave and my heart would overrule my head. It would be smart for him to leave for a bigger club, but personally I would get a lot of satisfaction from making Villa a big club again.

It's up to Grealish as to how he chooses to define success and what path is best for him. I understand sometimes the big city lights come calling and you have to say goodbye to home for a time and make yourself a new one. The wonderful thing about Grealish is that he can have a club built around him, HIS club, the one his dreams are made of. Birmingham has an enormous population, Villa a wonderful history. And if the owners have the ambition they have had with their other companies and franchises, it could really come good, believe that or don't, but it's possible. I just don't see why you'd move. So Manchester United are enjoying some form and have some momentum. They are blessed that they had someone like SAF establish them as top dog in the world's best league for 20 years as TV revenue became what determined a club's greatest source of revenue. That won't come around again throwing money at people. Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria, Lukaku, Fred, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Matic, all have what, two domestic cup trophies to show between them? We made a cup final just this year. 

I come from a basketball background where Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Olajuwan all the best made their history at the club that drafted them, it was on them to bring that club up, and they did it, writing themselves as the greatest players of all time in the process. I understand football's a different game, different systems, but Michael Jordan scoring 63 points against the Boston Celtics is like Messi playing for say Malaga and coming up against Real Madrid with everyone they had under Mourinho and he still scores a hatrick against them. 

Eh I'm just sad we're going to lose Jack!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, QldVilla said:

The Premier League is far more physical than the championship it's also quicker and way more skilful. The physical strength required to play in the premier League is much higher now than ever before. 

On 10/07/2020 at 09:23, wilko154 said:

Man City will buy him back from us this Summer. Almost guaranteed.

He's looked fantastic since the restart and will slot into the deep role for City nicely as planned by Pep.

There's no chance he will be playing Championship football next season.

I’d be very surprised. 

He has come along a lot but he’s a million miles away from Man City quality. 

There’s only one player Pep will be buying from us this window, and it’s not Luiz

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The Premier League is far more physical than the championship it's also quicker and way more skilful. The physical strength required to play in the premier League is much higher now than ever before. 

Correct. 
It really irritates me when people suggest the Chanpionship is MORE physical than the Prem. it isn’t. 

• Like 2

I think Man. City could buy him back and then loan him somewhere else for 12 months e.g. team playing in europa/CL. As much as they have control with a buy back clause they can't phone us up in the summer and tell us to loan him out to a better team so it wouldn't surprise me if they did that.

Â